Thread: Pearisburg, VA Phlegar Weekend Jam Fest

Default Pearisburg, VA Phlegar Weekend Jam Fest

July 24 and 25 Fri. and Sat.
    Please refer to the link.
    This is the most wonderful music venue that I have ever attended.
    This will be my 11th year straight.
    Tom Phlegar wants me to help bump promotion this year because attendence has been off the last couple years.
    Donations only-Tents set up everywhere-Old time, grass, folk, clogging, camping. Rv's and big BBQ meal on Sat for supper.

Here is the article . All info is there. I hope it works!

Tony Hoover
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jul08.pdf  
    Last edited by Hoovetone; Jul-12-2009 at 8:35pm. Reason: spelling
    Life is short - Pray hard - Pick fast !

Default Re: Pearisburg, VA Phlegar Weekend Jam Fest

I know the article is hard to read (you have to blow it up !)
    Tom sends a nice 3 page fyler to the regular attendees. If anyone can post that flyer -that would be perfect. When they invite people, they get put on the mailing list. BUT, this year he need gobs of pickers, dancers and listeners! That's where I come in.
    Tom's number is in the write up.
    Tony Hoover

How far is Pearisburg from Va Beach, Va.? Sounds like fun, I have never heard of Pearisburg.

It's on the West Virginia line. Find US 460 on a map and go West. 460 is the Hwy. Virginia Tech is on.
    Tony

New one to me too, does look like fun, thanks.

two t's and one hyphen fatt-dad's Avatar

My very good friend from Craig County goes to this event every year and invited my family this year. Unfortunatly, I have a political conflict (my boss is having a cookout that same weekend). I'd surely love to go though!

f-d
    ˇpapá gordo ain’t no madre flaca!

'20 A3, '30 L-1, '97 914, 2012 Cohen A5, 2012 Muth A5, '14 OM28A

Pearisburg is pretty nice --along the New River -which is maybe the oldest river in the world. The defacto home of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Cultural Side Trip-- From Pearisburg head SW on 460 past the scenic (really!) Narrows (pronounced Narrrs) until you reach Rich Creek.Non of this is far out of your way, travel North on Rt 219 past Peterstown then Lindside until you reach Rockcamp W.Va. make the 1st right coming into town called Amos Lane -we called it "Cock Hollow"and this is where you will find the real hillbillies (this is cultural anthropology at it's best, the seriously poor ,slightly inbred, possibly criminal and certainly dangerous hillbillies of lore-- stop and have a conversation -you probably won't understand a word. I doubt,though I haven't been there in many years, that no one from that valley has made highschool yet. This holler has a bad reputation! When your hit the top of the lane it is Backvalley Rd. Straight in front of you and high on the mountain give a salute --in our collective conscienceness I'm be home! You can return going S on Backvalley Rd. until you hit a right and get to Lindside and Rt 219 seeing the best Appalachia has to offer on the way.

I have been to Tom Phlegars jam 3 years and would not miss it for the world. Bluegrass, old time and country music, mostly Bluegrass. The worlds best award winning tub bass player will be there and alot of very tallented pickers. Its in the beautiful mountains and the people are very friendly. It is family oriented and no drunks or trouble is allowed. Be sure to come. Its next weekend, especially Saturday way into the night.
    Richard Mauney