Thread: Matt and his l'il Rover

Default Matt and his l'il Rover

This is me and my Rover RM-35S. Not nearly as nice as some of the other mandos on the board, but with a good set up it's been quite a nice first instrument.

I figured this was as good a place to introduce myself as any. I'm Matt DeBlass, a primarily Celtic folk musician from Central New Jersey. I play a few other instruments, including bodhran, guitar and Celtic harp, but picked up the mandolin recently as something more fun than guitar, more versatile than harp and more portable than either.
    Loving it so far. I had my first gig with it on Saturday (I've learned a couple session tunes and enough chords to adapt a bunch of my guitar stuff).

Blog Entries

Default Re: Matt and his l'il Rover

Hey Matt, and Welcome! If you're in central Jersey and a celtic player, you might want to consider coming to the Jersey CBOM-o-Rama on 3 October 2009. Plenty of Irish Traditional music was played at the first CBOM-o-Rama!. Those other instruments of yours could meld nicely to the mix of Mandolas, Octaves, cellos, Citterns and Zouks and, you could get a real good mando family tasting in too.

Jamie.

PS. Never be ashamed of your mandolin. If you can play muisic on it, or just have fun with it, that's good enough.
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +