Thread: patron of the arts

Default patron of the arts

LM600 loar - bought by a local patron of the arts in exchange for one of my paintings - now awaiting collection at mandolin bros. - e.t.a. here in italy is mid-july. probably not a good idea to anticipate these things but i hope posting notice makes the time go faster (can't say i'm wild about the case but that scroll looks serious):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	76-8420 (1).jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	182.6 KB 
ID:	42860   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	76-8420 (2).jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	252.1 KB 
ID:	42861   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	76-8420.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	196.0 KB 
ID:	42862  

Blog Entries

Default Re: patron of the arts

Practically a barter, Bill. Congratulations. Let us know how you like it when it gets to you (eventually).

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

Barter is always a good way to do business when you can.

Looks like fun, Bill -- definitely pop a video of this one up when you get it in.

And also: I didn't know you were a painter! Where can I see your work?

yes,can't wait to see your first video with this one...i'm sure there will be a gleam in your eye...and i'd like to see some of your art too..maybe a video-tour??
    "Enjoy every sandwich." Warren Zevon

Facebook
    Youtube

i was thinking of making a video of the painting/mandolin exchange ... something self-effacing and low key ... something along these lines:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bu1116h5.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	42863  

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

I like the case, but could do without the "The Loar" bragadoccio emblem. That's like saying "steal me!" I've always been partial to rectangular cases myself - not only do they blend in better (call less attention to themselves), they're useful. The one I had for my F-12 served as a table, a stool (set on its end), or a chair (set on its edge horizontally). Also useful as a hitchhiking sign - always kept a piece of chalk in the compartment, just in case.

Well, even though you recently complained about having too many mandolins, this looks like a very worthwhile addition to the collection. Bravo!
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.They are a Great Instrument for the investment.
    Al

The Forrest Gump of Mando Rob Powell's Avatar

Congrats!!! I know you'll love it....the case is extremely practical because it's extremely protective. The emblem is an interesting conversation starter. I was retrieving the instruments from the car at a festival recently and being as there's 4, needed a little help. My friend helping me had never seen my instruments before but he knew I played mandolins. When he saw the case he said, "You have a Loar mandolin?" Like I had a case cover embroidered so I wouldn't forget which one was the Loar

When I answered him I said, "Don't I wish! This is probably as close as I'm ever going to get."

I also have a Dudenbostel peg winder which besides the obvious use let's me say I have a Dudenbostel in the case
    Last edited by Rob Powell; Jun-02-2009 at 4:19am. Reason: Added sumpin
    "If you can make it to 50 without growing up, you don't have to..."

Rob Powell AKA The BeerGeek