A DEAD HEAD

Default Danelectro effects and pedals

What do you think of these for playing around in garageGO CUBBIES
    Some people know a little about
    about a lot of things,i would rather
    know a lot about the little things
    BORN AGAIN CUB FAN

Default Re: Daelectro effects and pedals

Never used Danelectro .... but Behringer (having initially sneered at them) have a good range of cheap FX if you're not gigging; for the upgrade pedals I use Carl Martin; I have the Red Repeat and the Surf Trem .... they sound authentically vintage.
    Chris; London, England

http://www.myspace.com/mandolinjack

http://uk.youtube.com/user/MandolinJackFlatt

(Furch MF23, Gibson A0, Hoyer archtop, a nameless tenor, Abbot banjo ..
    + some guitars)

A DEAD HEAD

FLATT-- Do YOU have information on what you use
    Some people know a little about
    about a lot of things,i would rather
    know a lot about the little things
    BORN AGAIN CUB FAN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flatt View Post
    Never used Danelectro .... but Behringer (having initially sneered at them) have a good range of cheap FX if you're not gigging; for the upgrade pedals I use Carl Martin; I have the Red Repeat and the Surf Trem .... they sound authentically vintage.
    I agree with you Chris. Lots of sound/$ in those Behringer pedals. I have tried a couple and they sound very nice. Doubt they would hold up for a gigging musician, but for at home they would be just fine!

I also can't help you with the Danelectro question. I have had friends that have given mixed reviews. The general sense is that they are average.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/tenorbanjoguy

"Gettin' by" with the imports!

Personally, I have never been too impressed with Danelectro pedals, they are usually inexpensive but poorly built and don't seem to have much control over the parameters. I also believe it depends on which particular effect you want, some companies make better reverbs and delays than others and some make better overdrives and distortions. For the budget minded garage jammer, though I don't use any myself, I recommend Boss, Ibanez, digitech and DOD at the very least. I prefer Electro-Harmonix and MXR as an alternative to my hand built pedals, very well built, great sound and relatively low noise, the new ones are true bypass too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Lyman View Post
    Personally, I have never been too impressed with Danelectro pedals, they are usually inexpensive but poorly built and don't seem to have much control over the parameters. I also believe it depends on which particular effect you want, some companies make better reverbs and delays than others and some make better overdrives and distortions. For the budget minded garage jammer, though I don't use any myself, I recommend Boss, Ibanez, digitech and DOD at the very least. I prefer Electro-Harmonix and MXR as an alternative to my hand built pedals, very well built, great sound and relatively low noise, the new ones are true bypass too.
    Ben's point is a good one. I would get far more milage out of one great pedal than I would out of 3 or 4 cheap ones. Depending on your budget, focus on one and get the one that will stay with you and learn how to wring out all that it has to offer. There are hidden sounds in pedals that people never find, just takes a lot of experimentation.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/tenorbanjoguy

"Gettin' by" with the imports!

I have a Dano EQ pedal, it adds a bit of noise, if you are going for distortion anyway that may not matter.
    writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture

I really liked the Dano delay pedal. it had two settings and 3 knobs, and seemed pretty quiet to me. Sounded great when playing surf / rockabilly type stuff on guitar. I disagree with people who say they aren't durable. just take the knobs off ( the hole the knobs fit into are phillips) set your effect where you like it and carry a screw driver to adjust them (something you should always have on hand anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by DENNY7P View Post
    FLATT-- Do YOU have information on what you use
    For gigs I have pedal board; two-in-out swap pedal so I can have guitar + mando plugged in at all times (Behringer); Behringer booster, Korg tuner, Behringer Graphic EQ, Red Repeat and Surf Trem.

Inside a pedal board the Behringers are OK ..... the M100 Booster I've had for years, a great little pedal for the money.
    Chris; London, England

http://www.myspace.com/mandolinjack

http://uk.youtube.com/user/MandolinJackFlatt

(Furch MF23, Gibson A0, Hoyer archtop, a nameless tenor, Abbot banjo ..
    + some guitars)

Thumbs up Re: Danelectro effects and pedals

The Dano pedal I have (chorus) has been very reliable although not the sound I was going for at the time I bought it but that's not their fault
    It gets used a little bit now when I don't bring my multi-effects pedal (which is one of the more useful purchases I've made, but I still prefer the chorus on the dano) or if I want a bit extra. As to reliability it hasn't broken down/hummed/done anything weird in the 6 or 7 years I've had it and mine came with a special clear plastic cover for the end that stops you stepping on the dials but leaves room for fingers

I also have had good experiences with a behringer pedal (blues overdrive) which other people have recomended as well.

All up I've spent I think AU$40 on each the dano and the behringer pedals and AU$120 on the multi-effects one (zoom) and all have served me well.

(sorry, the post was longer than I meant it too be )
    Play on friend, play on...

Default Re: Danelectro effects and pedals

I've used a cheapo behringer compressor for about a year and have no complaints.

Blog Entries

Used pedals can be had fairly inexpensively on ebay and Craig's List.

I got 3 of the 4 Boss pedals I use from various places that sell used pedals, each for less than $100.00.

Daniel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00003.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	40529  

I use the Dano reverb pedal. It was cheap and works fine.