Thread: "God and Everybody" by Mountain Heart

Default "God and Everybody" by Mountain Heart

I am trying to figure out the mandolin solo to this song and have part of it down halfway right, but was hoping some of you could help me out. I'll forewarn you, I don't know jack about theory, reading music, or anything. I'm just one of those self-taught, play-by-ear jammers that just hears something he wants to learn and plucks around until he finds it, but I would appreciate any guidance that you'd be willing to give. Thanks!
    2003 Gibson F5G
    Morgan Monroe MCM-CB
    Kentucky KM-140
    2004 Martin D28
    Blueridge BR-180
    Washburn D30s
    Alvarez RD-10
    Morgan Monroe MGB-2c banjo
    Fender Squier P-Bass
    2009 Beard Gold Tone PBS-M reso

Default Re: "God and Everybody" by Mountain Heart

RT, seriously, get a transcribing program such as Amazing Slow Downer and figure it out by ear. It's how I get everything I can't get at normal speed. I would find a file of the song, download it, slow it down if I had to and then tab it for you. You can probably do it yourself. Then, my other suggestion would be to learn jack about theory!
    "I thought I knew a lot about music. Then you start digging and the deeper you go, the more there is."~John Mellencamp

"Theory only seems like rocket science when you don't know it. Once you understand it, it's more like plumbing!"~John McGann

"IT'S T-R-E-M-O-L-O, dangit!!"~Me