Thread: mando tab for orange Blossom Special?

Default mando tab for orange Blossom Special?

OK I am tired of waiting for all the fiddle playes around me to learn this classic tune. Every fiddler I know can play the intro you know the train whistle sound but then NONE can play the rest of the song.

I want to learn it. Does anyone have or know where Orangr Blosson Special in mandolin tab???

And yes I know I could do it by ear but I want to get the basic tune down by tab then work on it and add my own touch and make it my own.

thanks

Default Re: mando tab for orange Blossom Special?

Jim,

I *may* have something, from the Orange Blossom Mandolin days of Doyle with the CG. I'll look and if found, will send your way.

Blog Entries

jim_n_virginia: I want to learn it. Does anyone have or know where Orangr Blosson Special in mandolin tab???
    Jim see how this works -- if it looks good to you -- then PM me with your email address and I'll attach the .tef file to you -- at least it is a start!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Orange Blossom Special.pdf  
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

Blog Entries

Jim

I'm at work now but there is something wrong with the way the PC saved down that .pdf -- I will retry again when I get home -- the notes are probably right but it maybe in the Key of R!
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

Hey Jim! Good luck when asking these type questions! Although a LOT of fellow's like to help with things like this, there ARE those few that seem like it's wasting their precious time!

I found out the hard way!

One reason I am hesitant to ask anything anymore.

Ace... still lurking!
    Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Daniel View Post
    ...see how this works -- if it looks good to you ....
    I'm not Jim, but I am interested in this song. The pdf opened beautifully on my computer and printed out great.

One more song, that by the time I learn it, my wife will be sick of

Thank you for doing this.

Bill

Blog Entries

BJBones: I'm not Jim, but I am interested in this song. The pdf opened beautifully on my computer and printed out great.
    Stay tuned I am going to take another look at the .pdf I created -- when I happened to log on briefly today at work I was not sure what the key I had put the song in -- going from fret 4 to 11 to 4 is not my idea of fun so I will try to clean up this tab.
    Bernie
    ____

Sounds good. Simpler is always better for me. Thanks.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Daniel View Post
    Jim

I'm at work now but there is something wrong with the way the PC saved down that .pdf -- I will retry again when I get home -- the notes are probably right but it maybe in the Key of R!
    It opened up on my computer Bernie THANKS! I am looking at it now. There are only a few spots I am stuck on. Trying to figure out the best way to get a Choo Choo sound on a mandolin. A little harder than I thought.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread (I forgot to subscribe to it!) I thought no one knew anything about OBS on the mandolin so I gave up on this post!

Thanks again!

An old group called Jerry and Sky did a real nice version of OBS featuring the mandolin. I don't have tab for you but if you send me an email at fkeller AT scicable DOT net I can send you an mp3 of it. It's fast but not terribly difficult; great for getting ideas of what a mandolin can do on it.
    Lost on the trails of The Deep North

I know how to make the bell sound on the mandolin like Bill did but that's about it.

My older brother used to play a pretty mean OBS on the fiddle...used to get more applause than anything else we did.