Thread: The Moment of the day

Default The Moment of the day

So I'm sitting at my desk, with my 20-month old in my lap. She is pointing at something and yelling "Pi! Pi!"

I realize that she's pointing at the pick holder that's attached to the corner of my desk. I attempt to explain to her that picks are not toys, and she'll just have to play with something else.
    "Pi Pi!"
    I explain that those are actually quite expensive, and she would likely lose them, so she can't play with them.
    "Pi Pi!"
    This goes on for a minute, until I fold like the giant pushover that I am, and let her take a pick out of the holder. She immediately jumps down on the floor and runs off to pick up her Elmo guitar and strum at it with great vigor, while exclaiming "Daddy! Daddy!"
    So I quit doing whatever online nonsense I was up to, and I go sit down in the floor and strum on the Elmo guitar with her.

And if it ends up costing a Wegen or two, I can't think of a better way to lose them. Best jam session I've ever been in.

/Magnus

Default Re: The Moment of the day

Start 'em young-that's the ticket. Hooray---Lou

Has this been posted on Youtube yet??

Just kidding. Those are the moments that make parenthood a real joy.
    You can't see your future in a rear view mirror.

My grand daughter has grown pretty fond of sitting on my lap and letting me fret notes and she will pick! Cracks me up no end!
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett

Magnus, ya big old softy! (Aren't we all!) Truly precious moment - thanks for sharing.

BH

The best "toy" I ever bought my 2.5 yr old daughter was a harmonica. We have the best jams in the Key of C. I notice her timing's getting better. I couldn't be more proud.
    Keep making music and memories!

Hocking County, Ohio Frank Johnson's Avatar

Awesome!
    Murphy's 50/50/90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there’s a 90% probability you’ll get it wrong.

My old guitar teacher's dad was also a very strong picker. He had a stroke late in life and his left side was paralyzed, so one day Mitch sat down by him on the sofa with a guitar and said "you do the right hand pop". They played for hours that way, Mitch fretting and his dad picking Chet Atkins. Way cool.
    jBovier Vine
    Tacoma DR20
    VoyageAir OM-04

"Don't take much water to make a good cup of coffee"

I think she was having a philosophical discussion with herself about the computation of the arc of the fretboard radius. Let's see that would be Pi X .....