Thread: ASCAP New York Sessions - A One-Day Music Career Boost - March 10

Thumbs up ASCAP New York Sessions - A One-Day Music Career Boost - March 10

Hey there,

While not a "jam" per say, here is some info about an upcoming event in New York for songwriters and composers. The "New York Sessions" is going to be like ASCAP's "I Create Music" EXPO held in LA in April, but on a smaller, one-day, scale. I've been to the LA event and thought it was great. Considerably better than your typical music conference. Met a lot of people and made some good contacts and even picked some. The NY event should be a lot of fun. FYI, you do not have to be an ASCAP member to attend.

From ASCAP's website:

ASCAP New York Sessions
    A One-Day Music Career Boost
    Keynote Interview with Rob Thomas

Can't get enough of the "I Create Music" EXPO? Can't get to it in April? ASCAP is now pleased to offer New York Sessions, a one-day career boosting event for songwriters and composers, featuring a special keynote interview with Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Rob Thomas, at the Frederick P. Rose Hall, Home of Jazz at Lincoln Center, in Manhattan on March 10. If you are a music creator, New York Sessions will provide you with the opportunity to connect with ASCAP's top songwriters, composers and producers, and experience educational panels, inspiring speakers, informative technology demos and more – all to help you strengthen the skills, knowledge and craft you need to make it in today's music business. Sessions will cover Marketing, Digital Distribution, Airplay, Recording, Publishing and will end with an ASCAP super panel of top songwriters, composers and producers.

For more info and to register go to www.ascap.com/sessions
    Eastman MD515
    Gibson Epiphone Mandobird VIII
    Fender '72 Thinline Telecaster
    Fender California P-Bass Special

"Go easy. Step lightly. Stay Free." Joe Stummer - The Clash

Default Re: ASCAP New York Sessions - A One-Day Music Career Boost - Marc

The ASCAP folks are well thought of by many in the Cafe Community.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

Default Re: ASCAP New York Sessions - A One-Day Music Career Boost - Marc

Thanks for your note. If nothing else, they put on a heck of an event. For those not familiar with the EXPO event in LA, check out the website www.ascap.com/expo. Just added to the list of panelists...Ricky Skaggs!!!!, Ann & Nancy Wilson (Heart), Marcus Miller.... I will be heading out again this year and bringing my mandolin for that off chance to get a little one-on-one with Ricky Skaggs.
    Eastman MD515
    Gibson Epiphone Mandobird VIII
    Fender '72 Thinline Telecaster
    Fender California P-Bass Special

"Go easy. Step lightly. Stay Free." Joe Stummer - The Clash