Thread: Looking for some picking while vacationing

Default Looking for some picking while vacationing

My family and I are headed to Navare beach in florida from 6-28 to 7-4 just wondering if anyone could tell me of anything I should not miss while in the area. Good places to play a mandolin or see some playing, music stores,jams etc... Looks like my mandolins not gonna get to make the trip.

Default Re: Looking for some picking while vacationing

Pensacola's boardwalk mall has some live music during the evening....I'd be surprised if you found anything close to bluegrass, however. You will find a tasty 'Bushwhacker' there!

Bubba & Them play bluegrass on the west side of Pensacola and check out Milton, FL...also you might go to the Gulf Coast Bluerass Assoc.website. There's a lot of info for your area....be surprised how much bluegrass there is amongst the sand!

Bring on the sand bluegrass. What the heck is a Bushwacker?

David...if you happen to get into town on the 27th, there is a Bluegrass concert at Pensacola Junior College in Milton, FL. It is sponsored by the Gulf Coast Bluegrass Music Association. Starts at 6:00 PM at the Student Activity Center. You can go to my band webpage under my name on this post, or go to http://www.gcbma.com for details. One of the best local bands, Delta Reign, is playing. I might see ya there.

Steve
    Steve Bauer
    Daphne Alabama (near Mobile)

That's the website for you David. Lot of good pickin down there. I was there in January and got to sit in with Bubba & Them one evening. Can't think of the restaurant but it's on the website. Gaylord plays a mean fiddle, too. Good group!

Thanks all I am getting excited.

Oh, I forgot to say.......there's always some good jamming, durIng and after the concert.
    Steve Bauer
    Daphne Alabama (near Mobile)