Thread: Goldtone GM-110 mando?

Question Goldtone GM-110 mando?

Has anyone played one of these Rigel clones?
    I'm thinking about getting an 8 string acoustic/electric for playing Jazz, and
    the GM-110 looks good to me.

http://www.goldtone.com/products/det...M-110-Mandolin

thanks,
    -vince

Blog Entries

Default Re: Goldtone GM-110 mando?

Yes I have one for a couple years and really like it seldom play pluged in but do play in a regular jam I even had a gibson player try it and complemented me on how good it sounded
    fred davis

I've had one of these for a few years, and it sounds great. I upgraded the pick-up to a top of the line Fishman, and it really improved the sound plugged in . Ever since I got my Breedlove w/Schertler pick-up, I don't play it much anymore. So it's avaliable, and in near new condition. Give me a holler if interested.
    Chief. Way up North. Gibson 1917 A model with pickup. JL Smith 5 string electric. 1929 National Triolian resonator mandolin with pickup. National RM 1 with pickup. Ovation Applause. Fender FM- 60 E 5 string electric (with juiced pickups). 1950's Gibson EM-200 electric mandolin. 1954 Gibson EM-150 electric mandolin. Custom made "Jett Pink" 5 string electric- Bo Diddley slab style. Jay Roberts Tiny Moore model 5 string electric.

I saw in the archived past, a modified one , with a Kent Armstrong pickup , added by notching
    the end of the fingerboard to be a shelf to fit the magnetic pickup.
    dual channel , insert patch cable and a stereo jack allows each to be processed, EQ, etc. separately.
    writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture