Thread: copperhead mandolins

Default copperhead mandolins

I have had the pleasure of playing a few mandolins built by jason harshbarger the most recent being the copperhead. these are his F-5 mandolins. I have been playing this mandolin for a few months and am going to try to post some pictures of it. These instruments are stunning I have played them next to gibsons, gilchrists, collings, heiden and others. It was better than most and as good as the heiden or gil.
    there has been a few threads on these mandos but i hope to finally post some pics. this is his distressed model. if you want an amazing mandolin talk to jason www.highlandstrings.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mando and wedding 042.jpg 
Views:	665 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	35494   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mando and wedding 041.jpg 
Views:	616 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	35495   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mando and wedding 043.jpg 
Views:	619 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	35496  

Default Re: copperhead mandolins

cool binding on the back of that heel! Never heard or seen one tho.
    Look up (to see whats comin down)

I find the distressing on that one to be...quite distressing! It's so over the top that one would think that it really is a vintage instrument that has been thrashed - Who would expect the luthier did that to it? (The ashton-bailey tailpiece doesn't quite fit the picture though)

The Mandolin Store promotes these as being GREAT. Sounds pretty good in their soundclip.

I realy like the heel cap it's a very cool touch tha he does on his mandos. the distressing is very distressed. it's the only one he did like this and I don't think he will do it again unless asked to. I have added to the distressing just from natural play wear as well, but i think he was going for that over the top look, I used to play an 83 taggart that looked just as beat up.
    dennis ,at the mandolin store, is not exagerating about jason's work. they're great instruments

Yes sir, Dennis Vance is a first class guy, and probably one of the most honest, if not the most honest guys I have ever bought a mandolin from, and believe me I have bought a lot of mandolins over the years! I just bought a new mandolin from him about a month ago. I will not buy another new mandolin from anyone else. Those Copperhead mandolins do look good and sound good. NFI.

wow,,thats a super looking distressing,,looks real,,as it should!
    Passernig #64
    Gibson Blackjack
    Fender Wildwood '54 Reissue Strat
    Ernie Ball Silhouette

Hey Dizz, Nice Mando!!! Not only does it Look Awesome, It really sounds GREAT!!!
    Weber Fern X Braced
    Weber Maple Bitterroot
    Washburn Jethro Burns
    King #001 First and Last "Still Not Finished"

Pon My Honor Did Someone Say BLUEGRASS?

http://www.freewebs.com/strapman/

thanks randy, i couldnt be happier with it. your strap sure looks good on it