Thread: Gig today!

Blog Entries

Smile Gig today!

I'm taking the Fire-ola -the mandobirdola -"that cute little guitar" to Manteca CA to play at the Pumpkin Festival this afternoon. I'm also taking the Eric Johnson Strat and my amazing Vessel F5.

Gonna play some rock 'n roll with Señor Circus.

I'm getting the gig rig pretty close to complete. I could use a decent AB switch, and the amp needs a little TLC. It's 15 years old, running the original tubes (EL84 and 12AX7), and the tremolo option in the second channel is less than reliable. I also want to add a master volume control so I can overdrive the preamp.

I'm running the electric instruments through a Boss pedal case that includes a 20 year old (workhorse!) TU-12H tuner, a SD-1 SuperOverdrive, a Digitech stereo chorus/flange, and a loop station. Signal then goes into my Ampeg J12T (1x12, 15w).

The Ampeg gets loud enough, and I like the tone a lot. But it's no Dumble (Fretboard Journal #11 reference).

Yes, I'm turning back into a gear head. Luckily I can afford it these days!

Daniel

Default Re: Gig today!

Hope it went well...I struggle bouncing from guitar to electric mandolin and acoustic mandolin...wish I was back in the day when I had a road crew...ah, but those days are long gone...
    PeacE
    Brian

mandolin slinger Steve Ostrander's Avatar

Original tubes? Holy cow! You'll be amazed how it sounds when you retube.
    Living’ in the Mitten

Blog Entries

Swapping back and forth is easier when you consistently play one instrument on a given song and arrange the set list to minimize instrument swaps. The down side is I take longer to set up and break down than everyone else in the band, including the drummer. A roadie would be most welcome!

Yep. Need to retube the Ampeg. Also working on a fix for the old F5 into the SM57 problem. Hoping for a Godin A-8 sometime soon.

Gig went very well. I love playing emando.

Daniel