Thread: Voight Mandolin arrived today...not mine but still.

Default Voight Mandolin arrived today...not mine but still.

My friend/neighbor Travis Burch (www.myspace.com/travisburchmusic) just bought a Voight Mando and it arrived today. We played it all morning. Amazing stuff. He bought an A-style and has another F mando being built. Dan Voight (www.voightmandolins.com) was born in 1987 so you do the math and figure out how freaking young this mando wiz is. It is a great mando, superb tone. I want one myself but I recently bought a Collings. It holds up for sure. The one he bought was number 5, and I don’t know what number he is on now, but if they are anything like this, I am in love. I may get Travis to let me bring it to the café meeting next week. See you all at IBMA’s. I will be with doing showcases about everyday both official, workshops, and after hours with The Farewell Drifters so come check us out when you aren't chopping and jiving.

-J.Britt

Default Re: Voight Mandolin arrived today...not mine but still.

hey josh,

the voight number five that we shipped to travis yesterday, is dan's most recent. 3 (mine) and 4 are here in brooklyn and dan has the others, with 2, the green one, as his personal instrument. 6-9 are spoken for and being made in a batch right now.

yeah-he really is doing something remarkable...If I didn't have my own, I would have had a hard time not snatching up that one we sent down your way.

Enjoy,
    b
    www.bigdrawbluegrass.com

Voight A-5
    Bayard GBOM

Default Re: Voight Mandolin arrived today...not mine but still.

For those who were curious, here is a link to the thread with pictures of this instrument: http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=43112

My Voight will be #7 in this next batch. He is the real deal folks. Glad to hear you and Travis were enjoying yourselves.