Thread: COYDOG

WHO HAS INFORMATION ON COYDOG CASES. AND SOME PHOTOS.

Tennessee (Still Missing North Carolina Though!)

They are not finished yet dude! That's all I know. I was on their mailing list two years ago or more and still haven't received but one email update on the status of their cases. A no-go yet!
    If F-model mandolins have F-holes then why don't A-model mandolins have A-holes???

Yeah I have recieved a couple of e-mails last I heard they were looking for outside help to deal with some issues they were having. They look real good if they can ever perfect them.
    Thanks!
    Wolfsong

Hi All,

As wolfsong mentioned, in the last e-mail update we came to the conclusion that without some help, we were not going to make too much progress in getting the cases out for sale.

We really enjoyed the time designing and building the prototypes and developing our layup process, but found that the logistics of getting them manufactured (and the realities that outside the country was probably the only viable way to do it) was not something we were excited to spend time on.

The prototypes continue to be great to carry around (we'll be Rockygrass in Colorado next week, then around the California fests in Aug). If you see us walking around, come say hi and if you have composites and/or upholstering manufacturing experience or contacts, drop an email and maybe it'll light a fire under us!

Thanks for the interest.

David

They look really good...
    I hope they make it past the 'Vaporware' stage & reach production.
    I bet they will be the lightest cases of that style; and probably the only ones that will be really bullet-proof.

Thanks Evan, although just want to make sure we're using the word "bulletproof" as figure of speech.

While the laminate we're using contains Kevlar like a bullet proof vest and has the same anti-tear/anti-penetration properties, our shell would probably not stop a bullet. That being said, we've whacked 'em pretty hard with the sharp end of a hammer with only cracking of the outer cleacoat.

Any mandolin players at Ferrari? they manage to knock out new CF F1 bits Quickly.
    (enzo)
    writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture

Have you been snooping around our test track again?

I think coydog should make one just for me. hehehe!
    Honestly they are my first choice.

My first choice, too. Sure would be nice if D & D could pull Coydog production together someday. Good luck, "Coydog"; hope you guys can hang in there, but your hurdles are understandable.

FWIW,Taipei is warmer in december,[than colorado] #if you gotta go scouting offshore contractor in ROC/taiwan.

writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture