Thread: Problems with recent changes to Social Groups

Default Problems with recent changes to Social Groups

These aren't showstopping problems, but a few things seem to have been lost with the recent upgrades in the Social Groups area, although I do appreciate the many nice new features. Here's what I found:

1. The list of discussions now shows only the date of the first post in each thread, not the date of the most recent post.
    2. There is now no way (unless I just can't find it) to jump to the most recent unread post in a thread from the list of discussions (I can only go to the first post, the last post or pick a page).
    3. The Group photos thumbnails are very distracting and the layout doesn't work well. They all seem to show 5 images, with over-large areas of whitespace around them and tiny thumbnails, 2 per line, with just one on the last line.

-David

Default Re: Problems with recent changes to Social Groups

OS, I've asked Scott about issue #1 in your list, and it seems that we're stuck with that. It's the way the new software is written, and he doesn't want to mess with that. I agree with your issue #3.... in my browser, the thumbnails aren't tiny, but the layout is what you describe, and isn't the most visually appealing layout. I never did what you are talking about in #2... always have just clicked on the discussion and scrolled down to the most recent.