Thread: Just got back from grey fox

I just got home today (7/22/08) and was pleasantly surprised by the messages about the Meet and Greet. Tom, Brian, and I had a blast at the tasting. Special thanks to Rich for bringing those holy grail mandolins and being so generous about sharing them and to Brian from D'Addario for giving out the EXP mando strings, and to all the Cafe members that took time out of an awesome concert schedule and came to the D'Addario tent to share. That was the first time I got to play a Gilchrist, and a Nugget F model, and I didn't even know the Gibson Florentine was avalible at this time. What a treat! The Cafe was well represented at the Festival and we were very pleased with the turn out. Let's do it again next year. Thanks Everybody, Dick
    dick wade

Thanks to you Dick and Tom and the Buskin Rabbi for setting it up. It was a really good time. Thanks also for letting me play tour cedar top Webber. That is one great mando. I learned a lot picking your brain (and some of the other guys too!) I didn't get a chance to try the Nugget unfortunately, but I did have my first encounter with a Gil. That ws really something! I have a great picture of Tom with the Gil. As soon as I figure out how to post a pic I will attach it to this thread. I am 100% in for next year!
    Carleton