Thread: Cape cod mandolin camp

I have checked out the website for the Cape Cod Mandolin Camp and, since I've been working through "The Complete Mandolinist" I am quite interested. I would very much like to hear from those of you who may have attended before and share your experiences. I have to convince my family that they can do without me for a few days!
    "I can't understand it! He just burst in and shot my violin." ---Herman cartoon

I haven't been to the Cape Cod camp, but I have had Marilynn Mair as a teacher the past 2 years at AMGuSS; it wasn't held this summer or I wouldn't been there again! I was coached by her in a choro ensemble and it was wonderful! She is very encouraging without being at all intimidating; I was able to play music in 4 days I thought I'd never be able to do! She pushes you, but you don't realize it because she is so laid back about it--hard to put into words. I would love to go to the CCcamp, but can't because I'm a teacher and school will have started back up. I KNOW you'll enjoy all the different styles--the NEME guys are really cool, too--they were guest 2 yrs. ago at AMGuSS. Yvonne
    "There are two refuges from the miseries of life--music and cats" Albert Schweitzer

Thanks so much for your input. It is very encouraging!
    "I can't understand it! He just burst in and shot my violin." ---Herman cartoon