Page 26 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293051 ... LastLast

Thread: More ebay emandos

Never heard of a Contessa, but this is kind of cool. I like the soundholes.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/1972-Contessa-Klira-Framus-German-electric-mandolin_W0QQitemZ300115468704QQihZ020QQcategor

yZ10179QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">1972 Contessa</a>

I wish I had the money for this.

Holy St. George...

Rono baritone reso (yeah, I bought it)

McHugh copy of ASR Minieball ... interesting story on this one

Update on the Rono auction: it's a fraud. Listing says the instrument's in Bethel, CT, and shipping is free. Now I'm being asked to send money to Shreveport, LA, and add $30 for shipping. Google reveals that Rono himself posted the same description and photos on Craig's List a few days ago. So what I'm looking at is copy & photos nicked from CL, posted using a hijacked eBay account, methinks.

Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Here there be Alvarez.

Und ein EM-200.

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Looks like a company called Alden is importing the Tele-inspired mandocaster into the UK, and they offer more colors than Eastman currently does for the US:

Butterscotch

Seafoam green

Red

I emailed Eastman these links yesterday, asking them if they will be importing any of them into the US. I'm glad I haven't puchased one yet, as I hope they consider importing the Red or Seafoam color. (I can't make up my mind regarding which of these two I like better. )

"The problem with quotes on the internet, is everybody has one, and most of them are wrong."
    ~ Mark Twain

Mandolin shirts, hats, case stickers, & more at my Zazzle storefront

Ooh. Me like the Seafoam. Only Alden I've seen before was a sunburst. These are PacRim built, then?

They're just like the Eastwoods, only in different colors.

Quote Originally Posted by (mrmando @ June 21 2007, 00:21)
    Und ein EM-200.
    Seems like most of the recent ones (last year or two) have been in very good shape. Curious to see where this one goes since it's a little beat up and not completely original. That gouge on the top bass side near the tailpiece and the scrapes near the bridge look a little nasty. I may drive down and have a look at it. The reserve is higher than $1200. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by (jefflester @ June 21 2007, 11:19)
    Und ein EM-200.
    Seems like most of the recent ones (last year or two) have been in very good shape. Curious to see where this one goes since it's a little beat up and not completely original. That gouge on the top bass side near the tailpiece and the scrapes near the bridge look a little nasty. I may drive down and have a look at it. The reserve is higher than $1200. :-)
    This one's got a different (original?) pickguard. It wraps around the pickup, but it's not the curving pickguard of later years. Maybe this was an interim design between the pickguard not wrapping around and the curved one.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pickguard.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	24218  

Great photos. I've never seen a shot of the bridge like that before. Do they intonate worth a darn? Doesn't seem to be compensated at all.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by (jefflester @ June 21 2007, 11:19)
    Und ein EM-200.
    It went up to $1556 but reserve not met. I haven't managed to make it down there. From the condition I think the reserve was too high.

Anyone ever see one of these before? The description suggests it may be a vintage Japanese or Italian instrument, but it looks rather crude in the closeups, expecially regarding the pickup installation, bridge, pickguard, and fretboard.

"The problem with quotes on the internet, is everybody has one, and most of them are wrong."
    ~ Mark Twain

Is there a "talent" knob? Christian McKee's Avatar

That looks just like the Russian/Soviet no names that are pictured on emando.com in the "no names" section.

What we need is a 60 year old electric mandolinist from St. Petersburg...

Christian
    Christian McKee

Member, The Big North Duo
    Musical Director, The Oregon Mandolin Orchestra

No mention in the description of whether those tuners actually work. The screws look completely disintegrated or corroded over.

*sniff sniff* One of those (we decided it was an eDomra, IIRC) was what started this thread, many moons ago...

Yep. This seller is fairly knowledgeable about instruments, so I'm puzzled as to why he'd suggest it was "ready to go" when the tuning gears are such a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by (delsbrother @ June 28 2007, 16:59)
    *sniff sniff* One of those (we decided it was an eDomra, IIRC) was what started this thread, many moons ago...
    You know, if we posted the photos instead of the links we sure would have a nice electric archive with pricing to boot. Then we could look back and say, "Boy, remember when that edomra went for $8.00 and now they're going for $16.00. If only I had gotten it then."

Quote Originally Posted by (thistle3585 @ June 29 2007, 06:22)
    Quote Originally Posted by (delsbrother @ June 28 2007, 16:59)
    You know, if we posted the photos instead of the links we sure would have a nice electric archive with pricing to boot. #Then we could look back and say, "Boy, remember when that edomra went for $8.00 and now they're going for $16.00. #If only I had gotten it then."
    Good idea -- moving forward, I'll post pics with my auction links, starting now. (Hmmmm, I wonder if we should follow up with the final price of the auction for archival/reference purposes?)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	emando.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	24333  
    ~ Mark Twain

Well, the seller says the tuners still work despite the rust, and is insisting that this is a lefty even though it's strung righty. I have seen four of these beasts on eBay (assuming some of them weren't duplicates) and they all have the knobs in the same place. Don't know that it's so much lefty setup as it is bad design.

The infamous Sorina doubleneck. One of the coolest of the Asian factory electrics. This is at least the 3rd time on eBay for this instrument; seller is the guy who bought it the first time. (Same seller as the e-domra.) I think his kid played it in a rock band for a year or so. Guess it didn't sell the second time it was up.

Also a cool '56 blonde Mandocaster with slab body. Might actually sell even though the starting bid is on the high side.

The listing for the Sorina says its a copy of a Gibson. Anybody seen an even remotely similar Gibson?
    Style is the sum total of your limitations

No. Imaginative fellow, that seller. Just because some joker stuck a couple of Gibson decals on that instrument (they were there before he bought it) doesn't make it a Gibson copy.

Update: Looks like eBay canceled his auction (again) for making too much of the Gibson decals. Some guys never learn.

Nine frets? I guess that's all some people need. It's not fretless, but it's half fretless!

And the infamous Sorina finally returns. I predict: if eBay doesn't pull this ad again because the seller insists on calling it a "Gibson model," then the seller himself will pull it when he realizes he forgot to set a reserve price.

Quote Originally Posted by (delsbrother @ July 03 2007, 20:15)
    Righty Kent!

A mirror-image pair. Except for the mods on the righty. The seller doesn't mention it, but that's not an original bridge.