Thread: Scam

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Doyle-Lawson-F5-Mandolin_W0QQitemZ330208179298QQihZ014QQcategoryZ1 0179QQssPageNameZ
    WDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">Scam</a>

Chris

How do you know it's a scam? Because the case has a different mandolin in it?

"I thought I knew a lot about music. Then you start digging and the deeper you go, the more there is."~John Mellencamp

"Theory only seems like rocket science when you don't know it. Once you understand it, it's more like plumbing!"~John McGann

"IT'S T-R-E-M-O-L-O, dangit!!"~Me

Kinda looks like
    this one
    Chris

Yep, sure does. Been removed too.
    "I thought I knew a lot about music. Then you start digging and the deeper you go, the more there is."~John Mellencamp

"Theory only seems like rocket science when you don't know it. Once you understand it, it's more like plumbing!"~John McGann

"IT'S T-R-E-M-O-L-O, dangit!!"~Me

Blog Entries

Now ain't that just too slick.

I hope they didn't take the paypal & run...
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

You can always tell Charles Johnson's photos, they have a road in the background.

Looks like it was removed from sale. The guy said that since his feedback is less than 10, he can't do a BUY IT NOW for $2800. Also he added a tiny pix of a mandolin in a case that is not in Charles' website.
    Glenn Nelson
    Las Vegas, NV

"Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and play your mandolin."

Just to let you guys know that ebay scams on mandolins are many more than you think. Not sure why they hit us so heavy but I personally have stopped 3 mandolin scams this past week. Always look for contact direct not through ebay. A buy it now price in the description not under ebays "buy it now". A strange location like England, Southeast Asia,North Korea somewhere with shipping only $3 by USMail. Some even say FREE shipping. They steal photos and descriptions from any source they can.
    They will go back a month and pick a mandolin that sold and re-run it with a stolen identity so everything will look legit. Remember this: If it's too good to be true, it probably is a scam. I can't figure out why ebay can't monitor these scammers quicker. Just the things I have mentioned above should run up an automatic red flag in their computers.