Thread: Hold on, we're strummin'

I was just recently lucky enough to purchase this gem of an album off Amazon a week or two ago, and haven't been able to stop listening to it since. I thought the whole album was fantastic through and through, and really showed off the amazing versitility of Bush and Grisman in both of their respective genres. Anyways on this copy i bought off Amazon (new for less that $10.00) the last track Issac Hayes Hold on, I'm Comin has a bonus hidden jam at the end of the track which is just a duet jam between Bush and Grisman on their mandolins. It seems that on my version that it unexpecitedly cuts out in the middle of a Grisman Solo which i thought was kind of odd because there was no fade out or outro, it was literaly in the middle of him improvising and you can tell that he was probably still playing when it cut out. Maybe they just ran out of tape, maybe not I just wasn't sure if that was just my copy or a track that was supposed to be incomplete, so i figured that i would ask the folks here who have this album if their copies are the same way or if I just bought a flawed copy of this album. Also something strange i noticed about the bonus track, it seems like on the whole album Bush is playing through the left speaker and Grisman through the right, but on that bonus track it was the opposite. Or i guess Grisman can play exactly like Sam Bush when he feels like it, and maybe Hoss can sound just like Crusher when Sam is doing his best Grisman impression. i don't know i thought i would throw it out there and see if any one also noticed it, or disagrees.

Ruhland A5#68
    Lyon & Healy Style A

The hidden track finishes with another version of Hartford's Real and lasts all the way to the end. At least it does on my copy!

Quote Originally Posted by (adgefan @ May 16 2008, 10:24)
    The hidden track finishes with another version of Hartford's Real and lasts all the way to the end. At least it does on my copy!
    Mine too.

Wow I can't believe i didn't realize that was a Hartford's Real Reprise, i guess the way they transitioned into it without the intro kind of threw me off. Can any one tell me the time on version of the song with the complete bonus track ending. On my copy Hold on, I'm Comin is listed as 4:52, but when i put the disc on my computer and Itunes it listed the time as 8:34, with the bonus track roughly starting at 5:25.
    Ruhland A5#68
    Lyon & Healy Style A

The bonus tracks on Acoustic Disc have been like a "secret" bonus track for quite some time.
    Even knowing this, the silence in between sometimes sets me up to be startled when the music starts again.