Thread: Rover RM-50 question

Default Rover RM-50 question

I recently received my new Rover Rm-50 from Elderly. My understanding is that these do not have an adjustable truss rod, and yet the peghead has a removable cover. You can see a picture at the website here. Is it possible that there is an adjustable truss rod after all? If not, what would be the purpose of this cover? I don't want to take the cover off to look, as I've never met a screw I didn't strip - no pun intended. Anyone care to speculate?

Default Re: Rover RM-50 question

I'd like to know if there's a truss rod under that as well. Perhaps one of the Cafe sponsors that sells them can enlighten us.

There is no doubt in my mind that there is an adjustable truss rod under that cover. I recently refurbished ( setup & restrung) a Rover RM25 and it had no adjustable t-rod , but, it had no cover either.
    Jim Richmond

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MANDOLIN.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	82374

Jim - I think you're right. I don't know why they don't brag about in their product descriptions though, if there is one. And they don't, anywhere on the net where you read about these Rovers. That makes this an even better buy at $149, considering it's solid wood, doesn't it? Added a picture of my new baby. I am a guitar player, and wanted to add that I'm having a ball with mandolin. It's easier to transfer songs I already know on the guitar to this mandolin than I thought it would be. Great fun! Harder to hold down a chord, though. That's gonna take some work.

I love my Rover, I've got an RM 75 that I've had since 2005, it plays & sounds great. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of yours as I have from mine. The person I sold the RM 25 to is very happy with it too.
    Jim Richmond

If anyone was wondering, The Rover RM-50 does indeed have an adjustable truss rod. I emailed Elderly and they informed me that yes indeed, it is so. I'm very pleased to know that if a problem arises in the future, there is a remedy and my mando will not become a wall decoration.