Thread: Case for Tom Buchanan Mandola

Default Case for Tom Buchanan Mandola

Hello. I have a Tom Buchanan tenor mandola and I need a case for it. Body dimensions are 13" wide by about 14 3/4" long and about 3 1/2 inches deep and about 29 inches in total length from top of peg head to bottom of body. Any ideas of a case that might fit and where I might be able to get one? Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by timacn; Feb-02-2022 at 2:50pm. Reason: added more words

Default Re: Case for Tom Buchanan Mandola

I used to have a tenor mandola gig bag that fit my short scale tenor banjo perfectly, so maybe the reverse would work for you? Here's a Gold Tone short scale tenor banjo case at Elderly that seems like the length and body width would work:

https://www.elderly.com/products/gol...27928712937536

They also do a short scale (marketed as "Irish tenor banjo") gig bag that might work, though seem to be out of stock at the moment:

https://www.elderly.com/products/gol...26854607749184
    2018 Girouard Concert oval A
    2015 JP "Whitechapel" tenor banjo
    2018 Frank Tate tenor guitar
    1969 Martin 00-18

my Youtube channel

Pittsburgh Bill
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Case for Tom Buchanan Mandola

I hope someone sees this and helps with your quest. Hard mandola cases that fit your instrument are very difficult to find. I had a Collings mandola case advertised here for sale with few requests at first, and then something happened where I was getting requests after I had a sale pending.
    Good luck. It always seemed to me that someone could make money commissioning the build of mandola cases, but mandolas seem to lack consistency in their dimensions. i.e. My Collings mandola did not fit in my Weber mandola case and visa versa. My Coleman mandola didn't fit in either the Weber or the Collings case.
    Go figure.
    Big Muddy EM8 solid body (Mike Dulak's final EM8 build)
    Kentucky KM-950
    Weber Gallatin A Mandola "D hole"
    Rogue 100A (current campfire tool & emergency canoe paddle)