Thread: Elven Wood Mandolins

I happened to see Josh's website recently (nice site Josh), and in his links page, there is a link to elvenwood mandolins. How are these instruments interms of overall quality (sound, building, etc.)?? The prices seem like they are very good, but are they a good mandolin.

I've only been playing for a few months and will admit to having scroll fever. I'm actually looking into buying a MK (possible dragonfly towards the end of the year. What would the comparison be between these two and any others within the price range (<$1000)
    I can only play half as much as I want, because I only play half as much as I would like.

I have an Elvenwood Elf, which is a A style with an F style peghead. I like it a lot, but it's my first mando so I don't have much to compare it with. To me, it has a big woody sound and a nice chop. I picked mine up on e-bay, but I did call Elvenwood before I bought it. I spoke with Jeff Pinkham (Josh's dad, I believe) and he was very helpful. Give them a call, he will be happy to answer any questions you may have about their product. Elvenwoods are pac-rim instruments.

I'm planning to go to a local shop and compare mine to the Kentucky 250 I almost bought, so I'll post my opinion after I do.