Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Texas pickin' park

Sheryl, #I have more photo's it's just too time consuming to post them, PM me your Email address, and I will gladly send you a link to all the photo's I took that weekend. #Are you the lady with the glasses? #If you are, I sure did enjoy watching you play! #You were awesome! #I have some pics of the duet you did with the young fiddle player that came out really well. #

Anybody else want to see the pics please just PM and I will gladly send you the link! #One thing though I am headed to Austin here in about 30 minutes or so, and I will not be back until Sunday afternoon! #So, if I miss you be patient, I will check back Sunday afternoon.

Peace All!
    Todd

It's too bad, I haven't seen one photo of the jam I was in, I'm afraid I'll lose the memory. Maybe Dorothy got some, and will be on the website.

Gary Penny (Blue River Band) told me I had to make reservations for next year. He said it was a great experience.
    The Old Sarge

Quote Originally Posted by (Dave in Tejas @ April 25 2008, 11:34)
    It's too bad, I haven't seen one photo of the jam I was in, I'm afraid I'll lose the memory. Maybe Dorothy got some, and will be on the website.
    I saw a lady taking pictures of that jam with a fancy looking camera... maybe that was her. I haven't checked the web site yet.

Sheryl, that was you across from me on the fiddle when we did Soldier's Joy, then the double fiddles at the end? Just lovely!

Blog Entries

Todd,

The pictures are great. Makes me even sadder that I didn't get to go. Looking forward to next year already.

BTW, Sheryl is in one of the Todd's pictures playin double fiddle with the lady with glasses
    George Wilson
    Weber Bighorn Mandolin
    ca. 1900 Clifford Mandolinetto
    Martin Guitars

The lady singer in black in the first 2 of Todd's pictures is Vanette Thompson. She is a great singer. We have been playing together recently.
    Mitch Lawyer

Collings MF5V, Schwab #101 5 string
    1918 Gibson A, 1937 Gibson T-50 tenor guitar
    Jones OM, Hums bowlback

Hey folks, just got in from Austin, glad to see this thread still alive! #I still want to know who this is...

Come on, I know your out there!

#I am no where near qualified to say who can pick and who can't, but, I can tell you when I hear something that "moves" me. #This feller could pick. #To use drummer a drummer term, "he was good in the pocket" when he played rhythm. #He also had a solid chord vocabulary, and had it down.
    #I did get to hear him take a solo, and it sounded great! #Great composition, on the fly, that had good "movement". #Yep, I liked watching this guy pick...for what it's worth. #

#Anyway, Scott is the name of the fellow in the overalls that played guitar. (The dude with the pipes) #I was sitting about 15 feet away from him at one point, and I could hear him and the other guitar player that group, talking in between songs.

#I am glad I could share with you folks. #Ya'll seem like a friendly bunch. #Now that I have heard it, I know I can at least sit in on the slow jams, with no problem, as long as I can see another guitar player! #LOL, I am still learning, and it's fun. #I want to do this some more!

Blessings All,
    Todd

Check out youtube.com
    Texas pickin park.

His first name is Adam, and I enjoyed his playing as well.
    Mitch Lawyer

Collings MF5V, Schwab #101 5 string
    1918 Gibson A, 1937 Gibson T-50 tenor guitar
    Jones OM, Hums bowlback

Thanks George. Yeah, that double fiddle pic is a good one to tell us apart. I'm also sitting in one of the group pics.

Dave, yes she came up at the end of Soldier's Joy which I think is part of why we played it some more. Twin fiddles are fun when you work off each other like we did. Is there a picture of you?

Thanks for the pics Todd!!

Speaking of the youtube videos, how late did the pickin go Saturday night? We're staying overnight next year!

Hey Dave, I'm the guy who was playing the mando and walking around Saturday morning during the swap meet. Actually stopped in front of your table and we played a few songs together. I had a great Time all weekend. I Jammed till midnight on friday night and about 1:30 saturday night. I also talked to Scott(in the overalls) Sunday Morning and he said after I left they continued till 5 Sun morning...

Dale

Hi Dale.
    Yes, I enjoyed playing with you, thank you for that. Did you sell the mando?
    Hi Sheryl.
    I haven't seen me yet, or a picture of our jam, but I'm pretty sure I was there and the jam was real.

No ... I don't think anyone sold anything that day...

Quote Originally Posted by (Sheryl @ April 28 2008, 07:03)
    Speaking of the youtube videos, how late did the pickin go Saturday night? #We're staying overnight next year!
    Scott and I ended our last song at 5:00am. My goal is make it to sun up. (Fire on the strings anyone?)

I'm there

Sun up it is! #

Dave, I checked out your web site and ended up on Youtube. #There you were in a pretty cool video.

Everyone keep watching www.texaspickinpark.com for pics. #They say "We'll be posting pictures as soon as we catch our breath. "

Sheryl, you are very welcome! #Now that I know who you are, I will introduce myself the next time.

My next question is, since this happens once a month through November, how many people show up for the "regular" weekends? #As we mentioned previously in this thread, gas ain't cheap. 260 miles round trip in a 3/4 ton pick up...well you get the picture!

Todd

Just a heads-up, talked to Dorothy, and pics of the festival should be up in a few days. Like it says "check back often"

Cool, I was beginning to wonder! Thanks for the heads up.

Todd

I got an Email from Hal and Dorothy, the pics are up at thier Flicker site. #No link on the home page yet. #In case you are not on the mailing list, here is the link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14393795@N08/

Thanks Chile.
    It appears, for all practical purposes, that I was not at that festival!

I was disappointed to. #Not because I wasn't in them, I just thought they would have done a better job. #I saw 2 photo bugs with some serious equipment with them. #I thought the results would have been better as well.

There is always next year!

Todd

Hi, Chil_dog--

Thanks for your interest in pix of the Festival. I wish we had more and could upload them faster. Your comments about picture quality are well taken, it's one of the things we discovered in the post mortem review of this first Festival. Unfortunately, our one photographer couldn't be everywhere at once, so some folks may not have been photographed. Poor planning on my part, I'm afraid. I am hoping that there are still some good shots in the hands of jammers and other participants in the weekend's events that they would like to share. I'll gladly post links on the TPP website or download images to put up on our Flickr site. If you would like to share the pictures you have, please Email me at hstall@yahoo.com and we'll figure out the best way to do the trick. Feel free to pass that message along to whomever you know that might be interested. Glad you enjoyed the jamming. That's what it's all about. Let's keep on pickin'. -hal (and Dorothy aka Dragonlady)