Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You tube

Blog Entries

I am a constant user of You Tube and maybe I can shed some light on messages. When a video is initally uploaded the user has the option of allowing coments under four options. One is to allow all, two is that comments be approved but friends can comment automatically, three is that the user approve all comments and four is no comments allowed. You can go into edit videos under sharing options and turn it off/on if the video is already uploaded. I run into swear words from time to time but being the owner of the video I delete the comments as they appear. I get an e-mail each time a video is commented on and if it is not "G" rated I delete them.

YouTube is great way to broadcast yourself, your group or a way to let someone see or hear an instrument before driving a bazillion miles to try it. It has so many variables in which to use and the best part is that it is "Free".

http://www.youtube.com/mikeb43

http://www.youtube.com/moonlightmusiccafe

Hope this helps.
    It cost no more to go first class...You just have to pay a little longer....

All Bluegrass Videos ---> http://www.youtube.com/mikeb43

Or ---> http://www.facebook.com/StanleyandCompany

From an old guitar picker who has 2 years on the mando: how come curse words seem to be directed at God? Ever hear anyone damm the devil?

Actually the origin of using God's name in vain the way you refer to is asking the Lord to curse someone or thing. It is using His name in vain when you are not really calling on Him but just using the statement out of habit or anger.
    Bill Snyder

Quote Originally Posted by (Hammr'n @ Jan. 04 2008, 06:54)
    From an old guitar picker who has 2 years on the mando: how come curse words seem to be directed at God? Ever hear anyone damm the devil?
    Funny, in my case, most curse words are directed at other drivers!
    __
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity
    -- Hanlon's Razor

Prescott, AZ

If YouTube is a barometer of this country and it's user's, heaven help us.
    A couple of mandolins
    A couple guitars
    An Upright Bass
    Some banjos
    Wax Paper over a comb
    A Loar era Didjeridoo

"I Never Wanted To Be A Barber. I Always Wanted To Be A Lumberjack !"

Check out DittyTalk and VideoPile for a cleaner alternative

Thanks. I browsed over the two sites mentioned above. Look good. I also have found a site called pickin and grinning that is bluegrass oriented and is family friendly. I really love all the mandolin picking on You Tube and the bluegrass acts and have discovered a lot of good music that I would not ordinarily never bother to listen to.
    You know I never clicked on the main page or most viewed stuff before. I did not realize it was as R rated as it was. I mostly click on a link from here and then get lost in the other windows. I just wish that the people who comment about someones playing would not tell how f-ing good they are. Are get in some inane argument about something. In other words I love the video content and the mandolin artist are very profesional. I wish Scott ran You Tube or would have a section like acoustic mandolin you Tube on here. This site has just the right balance between learning everything you want to know and doing it professionally with a no-nonsence attitude. I wish we had an equivalant of Mandolin Cafe for Videos. Thanks