Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Who could restore country music?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Who could restore country music?

Quote Originally Posted by 250sc View Post
    Only the buying public and their not interested.
    What he said.
    The musicians can only put the music out there - -the fans vote with their wallets and feet.

Marty Stuart is trying as hard as anyone -- even his 30 min show every week is formatted kind of like the opry....
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

"worthy or not"

Wow!! What makes any of us capable of determining what is "worthy" country music.... That is determined by history and it chages all the time. "Worthy" today may be not worthy tomorrow and in the future, who knows?

If any of us could in fact determine "worthy" that would turn a dynamic art form into static text book history.
    Bart McNeil

Everything comes back around, although even I think country music might be too far gone at this stage. The lush "Nashville Sound" was not for me, and even Chet Atkins voiced some regret for helping create it years later. Marty Stuart is among those who play the kind of music I like.

Blog Entries

What some call restore others would call stifle and choke. Music evolves and tastes en mass change. You can't force it to validate you preferences. I don't understand why so many are bitter about this. For some it's that they thought that they would be the next big thing in a genre that is now passe but there are too many complainers for that to be realisitc. Even then I don't mind so much the harkening 'back to the day' (even if last week) but I do object to people ragging on entertainers riding the current wave just because they got the brass ring (and the complainer did not, I'm guessing).

The real situation is that the PC and the internet have freed us from the mavens of musical monotony. Used to be the powers that be in Los Angeles, Nashville and New York could just force us to live with a limited selection. If you loved Bluegrass but lived in wrong place you were SOL. Now I have acess to more new, good Bluegrass music than I can afford to buy even though an appearance by anybody I like on the CMA or ACM stage only happens when a mainstream artist makes their 'Bluegrass' album.

Don't live with the regret of what you don't have. Enjoy the new freedom to customize the experience.
    George Wilson
    Weber Bighorn Mandolin
    ca. 1900 Clifford Mandolinetto
    Martin Guitars