Thread: I've had it with this guy!

This numbskull has been running this Gallatin for months on Ebay. He honestly thinks it's worth what he is asking for it. I've emailed him several times saying "hey, it ain't gonna bring that!" Maybe he should here it from a few other folks......

High $$$$ Gallatin......

Well, it doesn't bother me if he continues to list it until the end of time, but if you want him to be more realistic, why not send him some links to various places he could purchase one brand new for way less than his asking price? Maybe he would be convinced then. It doesn't matter how "like new" his is if one could purchase an "actually new" one for hundreds less.

The worst part is he probably got totally ripped off in the first place. He's probably thinking it will bring that much becuase he paid more than that.

Why should anyone care, Dale? If he's not committing fraud, then it's just a market issue. If he gets that price, well, so what? Maybe that means the value of used Webers is increasing, which would be a good thing. If he doesn't get the price, then who is hurt?

Signed,
    Perplexed in NY.
    J. Mark Lane
    Stanley #10 F5
    Pomeroy #72 F4
    Brian Dean #30 Bowlback

" why not send him some links to various places he could purchase one brand new for way less than his asking price? "

I've done just that.

J Mark, your right of course.....I guess someone has to support Ebay.

Reck'n I'd get any email if I continuously ran a Rigel A Natural for $1750 on Ebay........

Quote Originally Posted by (Dale @ Feb. 03 2004,04:58)
    Reck'n I'd get any email if I continuously ran a Rigel A Natural for $1750 on Ebay........
    Yeah, I reckon you'd get some emails from Rigel. <g> OTOH, I don't think your friend with the Weber is a dealer.
    J. Mark Lane
    Stanley #10 F5
    Pomeroy #72 F4
    Brian Dean #30 Bowlback

$2199.00? Excuse me fellas, I gotta go edit my classified ad!
    mick meinsler

Maybe a lawyer will buy it.

"$2199.00? Excuse me fellas, I gotta go edit my classified ad!"

Hey, he started out asking $2499.00 for that thing with a "buy it now" of $2800.00. This thing has run nonstop for months! Now he's "down" to a $2199 opening bid.........I dunno, maybe he paid full retail for it... # poor soul!

Quote Originally Posted by (Brookside @ Feb. 03 2004,08:21)
    Maybe a lawyer will buy it.
    Well, we have to figure out something to do with your money.
    J. Mark Lane
    Stanley #10 F5
    Pomeroy #72 F4
    Brian Dean #30 Bowlback

"Well, we have to figure out something to do with your money."

LMAO !!........

Quote Originally Posted by (Rich Michaud @ Feb. 03 2004,09:39)
    Here we go again-lawyer bashing even here. I am a mando playing lawyer and proud of it.
    We are just proud that you are part of our little community and that you do not play the b**jo! #
    Gibson A9
    Eastman 804D two point, blonde

Nothing is fool proof for a talented fool

i'm a lawyer. i prosecute. you know, put people away for crimes? i work for the state and make less than your average construction worker. does that make me a jerk too?
    "I'm a farmer with a mandolin and a high tenor voice."

Here we go again-lawyer bashing even here. I am a mando playing lawyer and proud of it. I put myself through law school and have practiced law 28 years. I know that my services have helped a lot of people and I get paid for it. #"May be a lawyer will buy it" is just another ignorant comment that I hoped not to hear on this site.

Richard Michaud

You can add this to the On Ebay Forever list.

Quote Originally Posted by (Greenmando @ Feb. 03 2004,09:38)
    Quote Originally Posted by (Rich Michaud @ Feb. 03 2004,09:39)
    Here we go again-lawyer bashing even here. I am a mando playing lawyer and proud of it.
    We are just proud that you are part of our little community and that you do not play the b**jo! #
    __
    As a mandolin player who also plays the banjo, maybe I should be offended by this post!!!!

Nah, life is short and there's too much playing to do. Peace out, all! #

Gary Blanchard
    Original Acoustic and Electric Music
    http://www.irismusica.net

Tennessee (Still Missing North Carolina Though!)

Is it it may be or maybe? I have quite a few lawyer friends and I will have to ask them!
    If F-model mandolins have F-holes then why don't A-model mandolins have A-holes???

Quote Originally Posted by
    Here we go again-lawyer bashing even here

Yes! It is a crying shame that you lowly imbeciles blame everything on those poor, disenfranchised lawyers...I mean, without lawyers, our country would fall into pure chao---

oops...I hear my lawyer is advising me that defending another lawyer could be grounds for a lawsuit...better shut up..

...in all seriousness, you get no sympathy here from me, bud! You chose that career, and chose to stay there, after all. Keep on raking in that hard-earned $$$$$$$$$$$...God knows I'll resume my life-long contribution to your industry in due time!

Blog Entries

...you couldn't pay me ENOUGH to work a typical firm job...unless I can start as a senior parner!
    Jason Anderson

"...while a great mandolin is a wonderful treat, I would venture to say that there is always more each of us can do with the tools we have available at hand. The biggest limiting factors belong to us not the instruments." Paul Glasse

Stumbling Towards Competence

Sure didn't mean to upset any lawyers. By the way, I'm a construction worker. And you make less than even the likes of me? I thought for sure we were the lowest paid vermen on earth.

Let's not go out of our way to take offense shall we?

Tennessee (Still Missing North Carolina Though!)

I love lawyers, especially in my wild and younger days! My one lawyer friend helped me out more than I could even begin to type, and not that I would want to relive those days anyways!!!
    If F-model mandolins have F-holes then why don't A-model mandolins have A-holes???

Okay, back on topic.

I'd bet that this guy's wife wants him to sell it and he doesn't. #She doesn't have a clue!! #If the price is high enough, he'll never have to sell it if you know what I mean#Nudge, nudge, wink,wink!!

I can almost hear him saying, "Baby you know I'm trying to sell it, see here's the listing. #I just can't figure out why no one is bidding on this great deal."

Not that I have ever done anything like this myself (yeah right) LOL!!

Todd Joles, handyman and aspiring luthier!

San Diego's own Rock Bottom Bluegrass!

Traditional music played without talent!

The greatest band you've never heard!

Speaking of lawyers, a friend of mine is a lawyer, is Jewish, and occasionally fills in on banjo in my band. This poor guy gets it from 3 directions!!

Jehanne

Quote: I'd bet that this guy's wife wants him to sell it and he doesn't. #She doesn't have a clue!! #If the price is high enough, he'll never have to sell it if you know what I mean Nudge, nudge, wink,wink!!

Oh come on, as a woman, I take offence to that... not all wives are uneducated about mandolins! I mean...

Oh no wait.. I don't really care.

Life is too important to be taken seriously - Oscar Wilde

Registered Person

I was going to post here, but the subject is much to inflammatory.

25. The following members say thank you to neal for this post: