Thread: What do you think?

Okay, so I'm looking... #The cost is low... #What do you think? #Take a chance? #Run away? #

Here is the link. #(I hope I do this right)

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Mandola-Hard-to-find-FREE-USA-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ160150999249QQihZ006QQcategoryZ1 0179QQrdZ1
    QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/Mandola....iewItem</a>

I guess the "Ask questions now, 'cause I don't ship for approval" ought to be a clue.
    If you always do what you always did,
    you always get what you always got.

I'm also reluctant to ship instruments back and forth around the country. Just too many bad things can happen to it. Not worth the risk.
    '02 Collings MF5

Almost nobody would send a $125.00 instrument for approval. I have seen this model on eBay before, and I'm pretty sure for less money. Buy it if you want it. Once it's set up decently, it might play pretty nicely.
    "I thought I knew a lot about music. Then you start digging and the deeper you go, the more there is."~John Mellencamp

"Theory only seems like rocket science when you don't know it. Once you understand it, it's more like plumbing!"~John McGann

"IT'S T-R-E-M-O-L-O, dangit!!"~Me

You get what you pay for.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

I bought one from this guy last year, fixed the action (which was pretty high at the nut), and put position markers in the binding on the neck.

It's not a very good mandola, and I prefer a short neck, but if you want to try a mandola, it's not a heavy investment.

I'd be happy to sell you mine for $75 plus $15 shipping. Doesn't have a case. I think the top is solid, but it's bound at the o-hole. I'm pretty sure the sides and back are a veneer.

Oops. This thing doesn't have a truss rod, and when I checked it out last night, I discovered that it has about 1/16" inch of relief in the neck. So if anyone wants it for $50, INCLUDING postage, let me know. It's still very playable.

7000 ft up in the High Sierra east of Porterville.

19" Scale.....Not with these fingers!! Both my of my mandolas have 16" scales and are very nicely accommodated by my medium size fingers. I have instruments with 13", 13 7/8", 14 1/2" and 16" scales and find I can go back and forth within a song or two. If I had to deal with a 19" scale, I would pretty much have to specialize on only that instrument.
    John