Thread: The Forrestier #1

Well, its gettin there, I decided to carve my scroll before i attached the top, exept, i forgot, i had the tonebars on already, so being a redneck, i came up with a pretty dang good jig, if i should say so myself. i reckon, im usin it on my next one too, make carving and sandind super easy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	2055  
    The More Strings One Can Play At A Time The Higher His Or Her IQ, Exept In My Case

heres the jig

Name:	3.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	2056  
    The More Strings One Can Play At A Time The Higher His Or Her IQ, Exept In My Case

ok, im sittin at 12 hours, and i just finished my back, the only thing i can say is: I LOVE MAPLE!

Name:	Picture_017.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	2060  

ok, i been carvin with i 1/2 inch, and a 1 inch mortist chisel, they seem to work fine, i wasnt able to find a gouge ANYWHERE worth a flip, i went to harbor freight, and bought one, but it LITERALY had a FLAT edge you could balence the thing if you wanted to. so i just bought me a 15 dollar chisel, and it seems to work fine, havnt had any propblems to speak of.

Tone bars on steroids.
    Looks great .

You will still be doing a lot of fine tuning on the scroll after it is in one piece, tapering it down to the binding, so don't get too carried away. Yes I agree after carving the spruce side, then going to the maple.....maple rules! Hey Seth, the DVD is in the mail!! JD
    Shalom,Yonkle (JD)

hey thanx JD, im in albuquerque 14 hours from home right now, but mom called and said they came in today, thanx again, i cant wait to see em

Seth