Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Mental Musician

True, there are those like Dr. Stephen Hawking who do great things, don't get me wromg I do some good things, mostly with my music and it is when I am playing that I can ease the pain and that I feel in my right mind, but unless I have my guitar in my hand I tend to drift to the dark side
    Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

http://prancing-pony-agency.freeservers.com/

M@ñdº|¡ñ - M@ñdºce||º Keith Erickson's Avatar

Grant,

I send you my apologies to you . I hope that I didn't come off as too arrogant. I wasn't trying to belittle you in anyway. You asked for an opinion and I just shared it.

Best regards to you and I hope for a speedy recovery to head your way in the not so distant future.
    Keith Erickson
    Benevolent Organizer of The Mandocello Enthusiast

but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by (8_String_Keith @ Aug. 21 2006, 18:08)
    However I do suggest that it is simple as that. We are all handed circumstances in life and we deal with them the best we can. However there are those that are chronic complainers and would much rather live in a negative manner and gripe about it. When they make bad choices, they would much rather complain about them and blame them on other rather than do anything to change it.
    Well, I do not only agree to that, I even think this factor is underestimated in the discussion. Let us not confuse "simple" and "easy". It is always simple to the extent that for everything there is an angle of view where everything falls into place. But it is never easy, because we don't find that angle of view methodically; instead, we search until we happen to find it accidentally. After that we wonder "why didn't I see that before?" Your story is an example for that, and I understand that oh-so-well because mine is quite similar.

For those in the dark however, there is nothing for it but to search, and you need strength for that, and hope. Those Karen talks about have lost that hope, and to revive hope is much harder than just popping a solution, even if we could give it to them (which we can't - everybody must find their own solution to fit their own situation).

Playing music is a good hope generator, that's why we musicians seem to be a little on the mad side - we are all on our way from dark to light. We need that. But everybody needs that, so we make an example: we walk with a torch. That's why I like to play not only for myself, but also for others.

Bertram

the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world

8_String_Keith No offence taken, I see where you are coming from and I understand your point but having walked in those shoes I know that it is eaiser said than done.

As for the speedy recovery, thanks for your well wishes but this happened 13 years ago and ...well, it just ain't going to get any better. but as long as I take my pain pills/happy pills I get by
    Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

http://prancing-pony-agency.freeservers.com/

"Music hath charms to soothe the savage breast"
    3 finger chop

but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by (brianf @ Aug. 27 2006, 12:50)
    "Music hath charms to soothe the savage breast"
    Shakespeare?
    the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world

(Congreve.)

"Simple! Period!" #

That's exactly why I chose not to be born a Somalian. #

I may be paranoid, but that doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get me!!!