Thread: Dream Guitars

My cousin turned me onto a wonderful site for guitars:
    http://www.dreamguitars.com/
    What makes it so special is that you can hear each of the guitars played by the same person, Al Petteway. He tries to play a tune that would be appropriate for each guitar. I wish all shops did this for the long distance buyer. I would love to hear all the mandos and their other instruments at Elderly, Janet Davis and First Quality, actually any place on line. I think it would make buying over the internet a bit more comfortable. The technology is here.
    Tony
    Tony Huber
    1930 Martin Style C #14783
    2011 Mowry GOM
    2013 Hester F4 #31
    2014 Ellis F5 #322
    2017 Nyberg Mandola #172

Great site! You would think that would be the standard with folks selling high-end instruments because a "sound-clip is worth a thousand words" so to speak.
    1914 Gibson A-4
    2002 Collings MT-2
    2004 Brentrup L-21V
    2008 A.L. Smart A-5

FANTASTIC site! In spite of the strum-meister hackmarks on the top, the Greven OM12 is k-i-l-l-i-n-g me.

Online sellers who truly love selling, who truly love the instruments, truly love their customers, they'd do this. They'd do what Dream Guitars is doing.

True, a sound-clip is valuable, but until the guitar/mandolin/whatever is in your hands you don't know what it can do. Regardless, I'm all for it.

Wow.

Thanks for sharing Tony!
    Best,
    Ken
    Less talk, more pick.

Check out the modestly priced Williams Whitebait Kiwi Guitar at $25K. (its Sold) #What a gorgeous tone. #NOTE: There is also a Williams Scroll F Mandolin with sound files thats wonderful (can only be seen when you open the Kiwi guitar detail).

OMG - take a listen to the Custom McCollum Baritone... #It's INCREADIBLE! #A guitar to die for at 10K!
    Cheers,

Brian

Angels don't play harps, they play mandolins

This is where I bought my Phoenix Neoclassical mandolin-

It is one of the last mandolins that they will ever stock-
    and it is a beauty!

to check out my beautiful mando:

http://www.dreamguitars.com/instock_phoenix.htm

take care
    zoe

A year ago (or maybe more), I heard that Dream Guitars was opening a store only minutes away from my offic, in Red Bank,NJ. I called their number and they indeed confirmed it. The odd thing was that by the time I managed to get to the store, it was gone. I don't know what happened, but the business next door told me that they indeed were there for a short while and then left. What a disappointment! At the time they were carrying Sobels once in a while. Anyway, glad to see that they materialized elsewhere. I'm sure that rent in NC is much lower than in NJ.

Avi
    Avi

avi, it was not a store persay. paul heumiller opened a shop within his house. he had a partner, martin simpson. martin went through a divorce and returned to england and withdrew his interest in the business. paul moved south to ashville, north carolina with his family right after that. ashville has a lot more music and art activity than new jersey.

i've done business with paul several times. nice guy.
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

Mandobar - thanks for the added details. I remember having a nice phone conversation (with Paul?) at that time, and the prospect of a top-shelf store setting up right next to me was almost to good to be true. Ashville is a nice place and I hope Paul does well over there. These days, with the Internet and fast shipping, you can be almost anywhere.

Avi
    Avi

Actually there was a place like this... Folk of the Wood.

i would never compare dream guitars with folk of the wood.
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."