Thread: Eastman Fiberglasss Cases

I just received a new red Eastman fiberglass case. It does make a statement. I was (I guess wrongly) under the impression that they had a removable pick case in them. I honestly don't know where I read that. There isn't any sort of pick case in this one. What do people do with the ancillary items such as picks, Gorilla snot, Fastfret, tuners, etc?

I used an red Eastman case for some time and really liked it. I kept a set of strings (did away with extra packaging) along with a small plastic bag of picks under the headstock along with a string winder and cutter combo (small one that fit next to the neck block in the case). Tuner.... I used an Intellitouch that fit between the mandolin and case next to the neck and the first point just fine. Just the necessities and made travel nice and easy.
    "Can I have a little more talent in the monitors please?"

That would work. I also plan on using the strap and I'm thinking I can get one of those little pouches that uses velcro to attach to the strap that backpackers use. This could work. I'd love to see that little neck rest open up. That would make this even better.

The reason I went for the case was to lighten the load. I carry a guitar, banjo, and a mandolin to every gig. I figured I could use the strap and hold this over my shoulder. I like keeping the items used for each instrument in the case. I really want to use this case but I'm starting to have some second thoughts.

As a follow up, I found the site that listed the removeable accessorie pouch as part of the Eastman case description. I called FQMS (the place I bought it) and was told they no longer come with the case. I'm keeping this case because I really like it but it would make sense to make that center pad into a small compartment.

Diego, I use an Eastman case and, other than the lack of room for accessories, my only gripe was the seal between the two drawbolts would not stay closed when using the handle. The simple fix was add a drawbolt under the handle. For the money I believe it is a great case.
    I wonder what normal people are thinking about?

Thanks for the tip, I'll watch that. This afternoon I found a small Samsonite zippered digital camera case at Wal-Mart for 5.95 (in black) that will easily attach to the strap and hold my tuner, Fastfret, Gorilla snot, and picks. I'll have to stow the strings inside the case (should be easy) so I'm cool with this case. It does make a statement and nobody is going to pick it up and walk out of a jam without being noticed. Where did you buy that clasp (in case I ever need one)?

Thumbs up

I really dig the older fiberglass A style cases. Lp
    J.Lane Pryce

Blog Entries

I too love the eastman fiberglass case. I just wish they would make a version that would accomodate the short neck oval holes they make! Gordon, help a brother out!

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

Diego sorry for the delayed response. I got it at home depot it came in a package of two for like 5 dollars. The only problem was that it was gold instead of chrome but my attitude is generally who cares if it works? When I get home ill post a picture if I can find a free second.
    Aaron

Thumbs up

You can get the case hardware from 1st quality music too. Lp
    J.Lane Pryce

I saw the first quality latches, they look similar to the latches on the case. I'll grab one if I end up needing it. I actually found a Red Camera case (for my red Eastman case) to keep my picks and stuff in and attached it to the strap. I'm enjoying this case. It generates a lot of interest wherever I go.... Most of it is What the hell is that?

Be careful to use a smaller latch or yu might lose a knuckle to your case. Best of luck enjoy your new case.
    Aaron