Thread: Another pick option

I just tried using Wegans Twin pick on the mando , it is a smaller version of the original gypsy jazz pick. It's great I find the tone fuller than the regular wegan with less pick noise and they just seem to pass threw the strings with no friction. The agressive grips cut into the pick mean I can hold it with less pressure. I'm putting away my regular wegans and tortis these are much better.
    http://www.wegenpicks.com/

Nick,

I'm surprised nobody else has posted on this thread. I put in an order for a couple of twins about the date you posted. I've since received and tried them, and I like them, too. I'm a beginner, and I've got some Wegen M-150s. I went back to using an old, small Gibson medium teardrop to get more control on single notes and double-stops. I was a little too clumsy with the M-150. The Wegen Twin is a nice compromise. Good control, but really thick at 3.5 mm, so the tone is really nice. Enjoy your picks. You and I may be the only ones in the know for a while.

I'm a country mouse Bobbie Dier's Avatar

I tried a wegen the other night at a party. I looked at it and thought that pick is toooo thick for me. It was fantastic! The material was so smooth on the strings. I couldn't remember what exactly the pick was called so I just ordered their mandolin picks from elderly I think I got the M150s. I loved the one I tried at the party. If these come and they are not what I tried the other night, I'll have to order the twin picks. #That's the first time I've ever paid more than $.50 for a pick.

I tried them because the guys MADE me. They threw my cheap little Fender Ex Heavy on the floor and said HERE you've got to try this. I'm glad I did.

I wandered again to my home in the mountains....

I recently bought a set of the M100 mandolin picks. I liked them so much I ordered a set of the bluegrass picks for my guitars. After trying just about everything I think that my search for THE pick is over! These things are great!

Being generally an Ultex fan I bought a pair of TF100 Wegen picks last week and haven't yet gone back to the Ultex, except for guitar. At 10 times the price (Cdn $) I feel obligated to give them a fair trial, and so far so good. Nice feel, little pick racket, and fast, but I might yet round the edge a little as it feels a bit sharp, though I like the shape of the point.

I wonder if I might eventually find it a little large. The same pick about 10% smaller might be more to my liking.

Picks have a very specialized market, and Wegen appears to know what its doing.

Peace, Mooh.

Love the Wegen's I'll never go back. I use trimus 250's for swing guitar and on the Mando. I often use mando 150's on the mando as well
    Michael MacLeod, Calgary
    http://www.acousticguitar.net