Thread: Gibson Customer service

Yesterday, I went out on the internet and got a Gibson phone # from their main home page. #I called it expecting to get a maze of phone menus but instead about 20 seconds later I got the desk of Danny Roberts. #I left him a message that I lost a screw in one of my tuners and my #. #About 5 minutes later he called me up and said, #"Do you want Silver or Gold?.... I'll get those right out" #Wow, thanks Danny!

I called there a few years back just wanting to inquire about some information and Charlie D ended up just talking mandolins with me for about 20 minutes.
    I've heard people talk about Gibson as a big corporation but I have had nothing but personal customer service whenever I have called them.

Gibson/OAI, you guys are a class act.

OAI is a class act! I have to agree with you. I have always had very positive experiences with their customer service.
    2003 Gibson A5L

2012 Gibson Custom Advanced Jumbo
    2005 Gibson 'True Vintage' Original Jumbo

1920 Bacon Open Back

I agree with this 100%. The few dealings I have had with the folks at OAI have been very good...they are just good old down to earth folks...

Blog Entries

As I work for a large Company and knowing my friends and some executive types, I know there is a big difference in culture between the cats at the top making big decisions and the men and women running the shop floor. #I'm not surprized at all to hear how great your service call went with OAI. #Folks on the floor who make and believe in what they sell should be the only people allowed to talk to the public. #Those are the folks who'll give you an honest answer the first time.

Three Cheers to the folks at OAI.

Jamie

There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

Thumbs up to OAI!

Dittos!!!!!
    Linksmaker

OAI, Charlie, Danny, Big Joe and the rest are all first rate!!!

Georgetown Indiana, Across the creek from Louisville KY.

Me and my group stopped in the Gibson store in Nasville on the way home from competing in the smithville fiddlers jamboree last year. We all grabbed instruments off the walls and jammed for about a half hour. It was great. We drew a crowd and the gibson people just let us go. Of course there are the "Scratch it and you buy it" signs all over the place. But they were great.
    Poe#5, Neely#72, Kentucky KM 150 (The Bagram Beater)
    http://WWW.myspace.com/easternskybluegrass
    http://www.myspace.com/darrintissandier

I had the pleasure of meeting Charlie D. at the Loar Fest West in Bakersfield earlier this month, If there was one guy there out of all of these world famous players, luthiers and historians that was the Rock Star it was Charlie. Hands Down, but beyond what he called his 15 minutes of fame restoring Bill Monroes bag of toothpicks, I believe he should really be credited for restoring the Lloyd Loar sound and quality back into the Gibson Mandolins. For almost 80 years they dropped the ball on Quality one way or another on their mandos until he took the helm as acoustic engineer. Also he was so gracious to talk to me, whether it was in the middle of breakfast ,in the lobby at the Holiday Inn, or on the floor of Loar Fest. He Never seemed to be bothered by your presense or your questions that I'm sure he has answered 100 times to others over the years. Same goes for Big Joe, I have had many long talks on the phone with him, and I was always the one to let him go rather than he rushing me off. True Southern gentlemen. Keep it up Fellas
    Sam

And the happy end to my story is Monday night I got home and there was a Gibson envelope waiting for me with two tiny Grover screws inside!

Reminds me of my own experience with them a couple of years ago. I bought a new A9 from Elderly. After playing it a little I thought the string grooves on the bridge saddle were too close together. I called OAI and they asked if I wanted to send them the mandolin for adjustment or wanted a blank bridge saddle that I could cut myself (or have a luthier do it). I opted for the blank saddle. 3 days later I received 2 bridge saddles with a note saying they'd thrown in an extra if I made a mistake on the cutting the first one. They were'nt satisifed with just fulfilling their minimal obligation and clearly went the extra mile.