Thread: John Zehnder

From Jim Beloff's Fleamarket Music:

The Los Angeles uke community mourns the passing of John Zehnder--- a great friend of the ukulele. John was the resident uke guru of McCabes Guitar Shop in Santa Monica. He taught ukulele, repaired ukes (and all fretted instruments) and co-taught #the McCabes uke workshops with me and Travis Harrelson. He also was a UKEtopia regular. At the UKEtopia show we did last September, John #(with sons Tim and Tom) brought down the house with beautiful tight-harmony arrangements of classic Sons Of The Pioneers songs. He was blessed with a gentle spirit, a pure tenor voice and a deep love of music. He will be missed. #

A memorial service #will be held Wednesday the 15th at 1:00pm at: #St John's Presbyterian Church, 1100 National Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90064 # 310-475-2513

John was always very helpful whenever I visited McCabes; #I always thought it was neat when he played my (righty) mandos lefty like Jimi Hendrix. He will be missed. #

Eric Hansen

i am very sad to hear of John's passing. He was the spark of McCabes shop. He played everything and knew more. He just seemed like a kid in a candy store with his delight in all things musical. i too will miss him. i'm just an occasional customer at McCabes, but i'm glad i was able to know him.
    Eric H

Aloha a hui hou
    mandolin no ka 'oi