Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Then & Now

M@ñdº|¡ñ - M@ñdºce||º Keith Erickson's Avatar

Ted,

Please I don't mean you any disrespect but the first thing I thought of when I saw your "80's" photo was that you should have been playing the "Keytar" instead!!!! #

Boy talking about a musical instrument that went the way of the Doe-doe, the dinosaur and the Whigs.

Between you, me and this board, I think you lóók a lot better these days with a Rigel in your hands. #

Keith Erickson
    Benevolent Organizer of The Mandocello Enthusiast

Blog Entries

My dad recently gave me some scanned photos. Here's one of me circa '85. It's my brother and me with our collection of Pac-Rim goodness.

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Music1.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	20766  

Ampeg B-15....ahhhhh memories....Did anyone ever send the plexi plate in to get it engraved? heheheh I had mine for years, first for my bass, and then for my farfisa combo compact organ...man those were the days, hehehe...I bought mine around 1967 or so, well my parents bought it for me...:D I sold mine to a buddy that stacked 6 of them and ran them off 2 marshall heads....Psychedelic!!!!

russell
    Bulldog F #5

Here's a rather grainy-looking mandodude circa 1974. The mando was an Epiphone EM-sumpthingoranother that I picked up cheap 'cause it was a demo model from the Chicago NAMM (or whatever they called it back then) Show...

Name:	old_mandodude2.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	22923  
    "Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now." -Bob Dylan

Here's me (for real!) as of this past Sunday. We were booked to play an outdoor festival in south central Tennessee that got rained out (actually, almost got SNOWED out!). Rather than sit around in the motel with the remote firmly planted in hand, we sought out the local VFW Hall and offered to provide the denizens with an afternoon of musical entertainment(?) in return for an ample supply of liquid refreshments... I believe we got the better end of the deal!

As I recall, I was crankin' out a ride on "Stormy Monday Blues" when this shot was taken - obviously, we reworked it into "Stormy SUNDAY Blues," given the circumstances.

The mando is my current workhorse - a pre-Gibson Flatiron A5jr with an old McIntyre contact pickup - a real sweet set-up if'n ya ask me!

Name:	mandodude135.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	22924  
    "Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now." -Bob Dylan

What is it with Ampeg B-15s? or Portaflexes, or whatever they're called? I had one too. Does having one lead to playing the mandolin later in life?

Alex of the North
    (Eastman 604, Mid-Mo M2)

Alex, must be something to the Portaflex B-15 thing leading to mandolin. #I still have two. A 66' B15N in great shape (still has the tone) and one in the basement in need of attention. #Lately mine has been missing the 65' Jazz bass that was sold to buy a nice mandolin..... #love the mandolin but missin' the old bass.
    (Tracy Curtis)