Thread: Telemann Wedding Divertissement

Default Telemann Wedding Divertissement

I have now recorded all seven movements of the Wedding Divertissement (just three in a previous thread).

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Richard Carver For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Telemann Wedding Divertissement

That's fantastic! Recording all seven movements is no small feat, and it must be so rewarding to see your progress. I can only imagine the beautiful music you've brought to life!

By the way, have you thought about incorporating your musical talents into a wedding video? It could add such a special touch and create lasting memories for the couple. Just a suggestion!

4. The following members say thank you to Shamebratt for this post:

Very nice baroque style and a beautiful singing tone on that mandolin. I have a set of Telemann duets which I play (mandocello) with a friend, I will look into these wedding pieces, I think they would work nicely. I am guessing the scores are available, but have you posted the sheet music?
    Telemann deserves much more attention; like all baroque composers he lives on in the shadow of Bach and (I think the less creative) Vivaldi. Thank you for this and your other excellent offerings.
    Jim

Dr James S Imhoff
    Boston University
    Oregon Mandolin Orchestra

1912 Gibson K4 Mandocello; Thomann Mandocello; Stiver F5; American? Bowlback; Martin 00016; Dusepo Cittern/liuto cantabile

6. The following members say thank you to Jim Imhoff for this post:

Thank you, @Shamebratt and Jim (and also for reviving the thread).

John Goodin's Telemann for Mandolin book has the Bourrée and Passepied, melody only, which is where I started. I then did a continuo part for those two and put together the other five movements, from scores on IMSLP. I see that I did create a Dropbox folder at the time, but I am not sure how far I shared it. It includes tab. If that is distracting, I would be happy to share pdfs of just the notation. https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/mqbf6...w4whwlgzq&dl=0 (I think they might work very well with mandocello, Jim.)

A wedding video? It is an idea. We have a big one in the family this year...

8. The following members say thank you to Richard Carver for this post:

I looked at your dropbox scores but did not see a bass continuo part; I assume you mean the guitar in treble clef. I looked around on IMSLP and found some nice Telemann duets (treble and bass clefs) but scanned from original copy, a little hard on the old eyes. Still looking for the wedding suite. I will work on a few of these duets to have a modern print version. Thank you for the lead on this and again fine stylistic playing.
    Jim

Dr James S Imhoff
    Boston University
    Oregon Mandolin Orchestra

1912 Gibson K4 Mandocello; Thomann Mandocello; Stiver F5; American? Bowlback; Martin 00016; Dusepo Cittern/liuto cantabile

Jim, yes that is what I meant. I would struggle to read bass clef on the guitar (i know some do). And thanks for taking up the baton.

11. The following members say thank you to Richard Carver for this post: