Thread: Devine Noise

Default Devine Noise

A top quality cable is an essential part of the sound reinforcement chain and NOT the place to cheap-out.

I just got my 2nd cable from Devine Noise and it is absolutely top quality.

And they are really nice folks!

Billy

https://www.thedivinenoise.com/divine/pages/index
    Billy Packard
    Gilchrist A3, 1993
    Stiver Fern, 1990
    Weber Fern, 2007
    Gibson F4 Hybrid #1, D. Harvey 2009
    Gibson 1923 A2
    Numerous wonderful guitars

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billy Packard For This Useful Post:

Pittsburgh Bill
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Devine Noise

Good to know. Always learning from this community.
    Thank you
    Big Muddy EM8 solid body (Mike Dulak's final EM8 build)
    Kentucky KM-950
    Weber Gallatin A Mandola "D hole"
    Rogue 100A (current campfire tool & emergency canoe paddle)

Thumbs up Re: Devine Noise

Gil Divine is a wonderful guy, and his cables are superb. I've got several of them in my electric guitar kit. One day, my kids will have to figure out what to do with them, because they'll still be around and working long after I'm not. Pretty long lead times if you order direct. But I'm usually not in a hurry, so I do that to try to keep the support level high.

Julian Lage plays through Divine cables. That's how I found them. If it's good enough for Julian, then it's way too good for me. Which is generally not a bad place to be.

5. The following members say thank you to r0gue for this post:

Hah! I though this was another thread about an avant garde band!
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jim Garber For This Useful Post:

Quietly Making Noise Dave Greenspoon's Avatar

Cables are the critical connections in a signal chain. I've found that Whirlwind Leader cables are incredibly well built, and are supported by a lifetime warranty. Still have my first one some 20+ years later. I prefer the Elite's for my straight plugs into the board and/or amp. I have a regular pair w/90's for the Rivera's fx loop.
    Axes: Eastman MD-515 & El Rey; Eastwood S Mandola
    Amps: Fishman Loudbox 100; Rivera Clubster Royale Recording Head & R212 cab; Laney Cub 10

I have cables that I have been using for 40+ years, and still working. Some were better quality, some were factory cables that came with a mic. The one thing I do is take care of them. I NEVER step or stand of a shielded cord. All shielded cords have some capacitance and the longer the more capacitance. So a longer cord will remove more highs than a short cord. Standing on your cords will flatten them bringing the conductor closer to the ground and adding capacitance until you loose so many highs it sounds muted. Carrying them and winding them up carefully is also a plus. I enjoy a good product, but caring for your quality cord is as important as buying it in the first place.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pops1 For This Useful Post:

Add-on-

It was quite a few years ago when a D'Addario switchable cable with a lifetime warranty stopped working in the middle of a Mandolin gig. All I had at the time was an inexpensive cable to replace it with. I was blown away at the signal drop, it was like 60% less at least. Since then I have sought out good quality cables and since I found Devine I'm good. They also come with a lifetime warrentee. There are much more expensive cables out there but Devine is right in the zone. They have an optional plug that turns off when you pull it out which is important to me also. Lastly the Rt.Angle plug works with the Tele which has a PITA recessed input.

I totally agree with you, Pops! Take care with ALL the gear. There are future generations in the waiting!

Billy
    Billy Packard
    Gilchrist A3, 1993
    Stiver Fern, 1990
    Weber Fern, 2007
    Gibson F4 Hybrid #1, D. Harvey 2009
    Gibson 1923 A2
    Numerous wonderful guitars

12. The following members say thank you to Billy Packard for this post:

pops1