Thread: Marwin/Harmony Late 30s

Default Marwin/Harmony Late 30s

This is a dressed up Harmony Monterey sold under the Marwin brand- it is all original and quite eye-catching with good appointments. Sadly, it has a cracked top which is a bit of a deal breaker. I have two- not as spiffed up sold as S S Stewart branded instruments- same bridge and tuners and pickguard shape and they sound really good. There is another Marwin for sale at $500 odd on eBay- the Ultra but it does not have the plastic head plate and different ornamentation but a good hard case.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29555635276...Bk9SR-6YsJ7YYQ

Default Re: Marwin/Harmony Late 30s

The airplane propeller motif should be tempting for a very specific genre collector. Really clean and unfaded trim - would a crack really be a deal breaker?

I suppose if you really wanted it- then the crack may not put off somebody who loves the late 30s look but it is probably off-putting for many. The starting price might be a little high for an instrument with a cracked top but it may well sell at that price and I think it is otherwise in good order with a low action.

I like it, especially the propeller motif.

Don't need any more instruments right now, though, especially ones needing repair. I'm pretty well skint at present.
    "To be obsessed with the destination is to remove the focus from where you are." Philip Toshio Sudo, Zen Guitar