Thread: D'Addario Mic Stand Accessory System

Default D'Addario Mic Stand Accessory System

Good Evening Mando Colleagues: First of all, I have no financial interest in D'Addario. However, I had been looking at this for a couple of weeks and just couldn't pull the trigger because I thought it was a bit pricey. Well, I gave in and I absolutely love it. It is a very nice accessory for gigging or practicing at home. It is made of heavy plastic and there are many configurations possible. See the diagrams, and also there is a video on the D'Addario web page. The tray holds a cell phone, iPad Mini, capo, wallet, change, crap you don't want in your pockets. The drink holder is nice. The large cup is actually a tip cup, but it is large enough to hold a large subway sandwich or a bag of your favorite junk snacks, a pre-amp or mic. The universal hub is the key to the whole setup. It can be mounted on anything round (mic stand, music stand, a piece of PVC, or a wooden dowel rod, etc. All parts connect to it directly or indirectly allowing numerous configurations. The accessory hooks included will hold cables, car keys, an extra pair of underwear, you name it. The sides of the tray are slitted to hold picks. It is very well thought out (JMHO). Works just as well on a stand-up mic stand, if you are playing standing up or are a vocalist too. See photos
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	setup4.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	205911Click image for larger version. 

Name:	setup1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	205910Click image for larger version. 

Name:	setup5.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	313.0 KB 
ID:	205912Click image for larger version. 

Name:	setup6.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	428.0 KB 
ID:	205913
    Michael A. Harris
    the dulcILLINI
    Collings MF5 Mandolin
    Collings MT2 Mandola
    McSpadden Custom Mountain Dulcimer
    KLOS Carbon Fiber Travel Guitar
    "Home is the place we grow up wanting to leave and die trying to get back to." Nash

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dulcillini For This Useful Post:

Default Re: D'Addario Mic Stand Accessory System

This is perfect. I have had a hard time finding where to keep my subway sub during gigs. I’ve opted for my pocket but by 2nd set it ends up getting pretty messy. All jokes aside would be nice to have the tray and cup holder.

Dunno if I would want alla those things (wallet, keys, phone) sitting on a platform near the front of the stage, and for all that stuff when practicing at home I have...furniture. I'll keep my money...
    too many strings

Nothing new here. People’ve been producing mic. stand accessories for years. I bought a clip-on music/set list holder several decades ago. I’m surprised to see that the all singing and dancing gizmo the o/p mentions doesn’t include the essential accessory for 70s club gigs - an ashtray!

6. The following members say thank you to Ray(T) for this post: