I was looking into portable, battery powered amps, and didn't see any in my price range that had any effects, primarily reverb and delay. And if you need effects pedals with a portable amp, it's not very portable is it?

I have one of those headphone amps, (Valeton Rushead Max, NFI), but hate wearing headphones for any length of time.
So, just for the heck of it, plugged it in to an old Bluetooth speaker, (little thing the size of a baseball I got free with a cell phone), with a 3.5mm cable.

It sounds incredibly good! Lots of volume and the reverb and delay makes for an airy concert hall sound. Great for plinking around the house when I don't want to sit at my studio workstation.
Primarily using my Godin but my solid body electric and acoustic/electric guitars sound good too. Volume is only limited by the power of your speaker. Some speakers even have a belt clip if you want to do the wandering minstrel thing.

So, if you have a headphone amp and a Bluetooth speaker with a 3.5mm jack, you already have portable sound. Fender has a new headphone amp out with a ton of amp modeling and effects. (Fender Mustang- $119- NFI). Of course there are portable amps for that cost.
However, don't make the mistake of trying this through Bluetooth. You need to connect with cable or the latency will render it unplayable. (I know from experience.)

I'm sure many of you have already done this but I'm having so much fun with it I wanted to share.

Best ,
Scott