Thread: 1915 Vracas Bouzouki Value?

Default 1915 Vracas Bouzouki Value?

I'm looking for the value of a NY made Bouzouki, it is a Vracas and the label says 1915.

I am nearing the completion of a major rebuild on this old Zouk. It was broken up, with splits and cracks, but is very close to being a player again. I have a lot of hours tied up in this thing, and would like to have some idea of what it might be worth. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Phil

Default Re: 1915 Vracas Bouzouki Value?

Are you setting it up Greek style and looking to sell to a Greek musician market?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKOS View Post
    Are you setting it up Greek style and looking to sell to a Greek musician market?
    Haven't decided for certain on strings and tunings, but it will not be GDAE like a modern instrument. This one was not designed to handle that high of a string load, so it will have very light strings and alternate tuning. May be three course, haven't decided that either at this point but it does have tuners for 8 strings.

4. The following members say thank you to Spyder for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    Haven't decided for certain on strings and tunings, but it will not be GDAE like a modern instrument. This one was not designed to handle that high of a string load, so it will have very light strings and alternate tuning. May be three course, haven't decided that either at this point but it does have tuners for 8 strings.
    A fair number of early Bouzoukis had mandolin tuners; some were only set up with 3 pairs of strings, some had more than 2 strings per course.

I suggest basic DAD.