Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weber Yellowstone Experts

Default Re: Weber Yellowstone Experts

Just heard back from Bruce and - as expected - he was a wealth of information.

As per Bruce, "It was built with an X braced Sitka spruce top (old Sitka), curly maple back, rim, and neck. Bound ebony peghead veneer with the Weber logo and flowerpot pearl inlays. Bound and radiused ebony fingerboard with a 1-⅛” bone nut, small diamond shaped pearl fret markers, and .080 frets. Ivory top and back binding with a bound sound hole and ebony heel cap. Adjustable truss rod, adjustable ebony bridge, Grover tuners, and one piece cast tailpiece. Yours is custom in that it’s finished in the Desert Dawn color. Gloss lacquer."

Probably with a 10 radius.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LKN2MYIS For This Useful Post:

And - lest I forget - thank everyone for the information and insight!

I am appreciative.

4. The following members say thank you to LKN2MYIS for this post:

I own a Weber Madison (which is fantastic in looks, tone, volume and playability) not a Yellowstone, but just wanted to chime in and say that Bruce is excellent to work with and does phenominal work. When I bought the Madison he answered all of my emails in detail about the build an history of the instrument. Several months later I sent him my Madison to have a pick guard installed. Not only was the pick guard a work of art in and of its own, my Madison came back to me like new and set up to perfection. Can't get any better than that!
    Pomeroy F5 2003
    Weber Madison F5 2013
    Weber Sweet Pea travel mando 2006
    Eric Ouren open back banjo
    Bart Reiter open back banjo

6. The following members say thank you to scotta for this post: