Thread: Finally!

I just uploaded my version of Sally at the Yahoo group. It is a bit..boring, I must say, because I play the tune three times, just the same stuff. The reason is I wanted to add some harmony stuff the third time or possible some fiddle (which I gave up as soon as I realized how long it's been since I picked up the fiddle!), but once again Audacity let me down. In the new file, it also added the back-up track again and it screwed the whole thing up. Can anyone explain that??? I just wanted my harmonies, not the back-up again.
    There is a little "jump" at the beginning, I was lazy and cutted and pasted a little piece to make an intro. But it's ok, I think.
    This project is an excellent way to get motivation to practice certain things!!!! I realize that I've suffered a lot by playing all alone all the time. I have a hard time hearing where to start playing on the back-up track, and how to make an intro, and lots of things that you learn very easily if you play with a band.

Happy listening! Now we're at least two beginners....Even if I'm a false beginner I certainly sound like a true one!

bluegrasstjej,

Awesome job on that song! Congratulations, quite smooth. If it were St. Patricks Day, I'd have an excuse...now I'm just green with envy!
    Alan

Thanks a lot! But please don't envy me! I don't even have the courage to try Tabledit's version (I got it printed, eventually, but I actually didn't like it much), as you did!

Interesting. I don't know how much I liked the tabledit version either, but it was pretty complete and gave some neat things to try. I did add a different version in place of teh dbl stops and the ending though - the first version I ever heard. I wouldn't have pulled the dbl stops off cleanly so i dropped em, but I was surprised that I hit the higher part (somewhat cleanly) at all.
    Alan

Yeah, it has some things that are good to try and practice. Especially the double stops. I haven't done double stops much at all. I play them some on "Soldier's joy" but that's all. I have some pretty good exercises though, that I got a long time ago when I had a teacher.

Excellent job! How did record your back-up tracks? I liked that little walking bass line, that's cool. The whole thing sounds great.

- Benig

Great job! It kills me how we're all our own worst critics.

susanne,

i thought you said, "my timing sucks!" you'll put me to shame any day. sounded good to me. you must have come a long way in the past few weeks or else you're just being too hard on yourself.

thanks a lot for sharing your music!

craig

Well, Craig, my timing is ok until you take away the chords and have me play with a metronome only. That's my problem, I can play along with anything, just not a metronome. I need chords. It shouldn't have to be a problem, just that all I have is the metronome.... Now I'll stick with the back-up midi files though, and practice metronome in my own pace.

But, yes, I am too hard on myself, indeed. Always, always.

Thanks a lot for your comments, everyone!! As for the back-up tracks, I took them from midi files, I didn't create them myself. This particular one was a bit difficult though, I didn't really hear where to start playing. So I just started anywhere and then cutted and pasted. The file is very long and if I would have taken the whole midi file and played along to all of it you would have fallen asleep.