Thread: A heads up: Artistworks 50% off sale is on now

Default A heads up: Artistworks 50% off sale is on now

Three mandolin courses to choose from (Mike, Sierra, and Caterina). With the 50% discount 12 months of lessons works out to < 40 cents per day, so even if you don't use it to full advantage it's a great deal. I subscribed to Mike Marshall's course for years and at this point there is so much content on his page it is like drinking from a firehose (in the best possible sense)--PDFs of dozens of tunes, hours of videos by Mike, his guests, and his students. For me Mike's monthly message videos alone are worth the cost of tuition. And of course there is the ability to upload videos of yourself playing for personalized feedback from Mike. This is what makes AW different and Mike's feedback is just invaluable (he will regularly send 20+ minute videos back to students and whether it is beginner, intermediate, or advanced lesson, his ability to communicate his vast mandolin and general musical knowledge is incredible). Last year I switched over to Sierra's course to try it out and now I am genuinely torn between the two. I might just go for both.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AW.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	204848

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Franc Homier Lieu For This Useful Post:

Default Re: A heads up: Artistworks 50% off sale is on now

Yes, Artistworks courses are very good in my opinion. I just re-upped for another year on Bryan Suttons, Sierra Hull's, and Mike Marshall's classes. This is the time of the year to do it with that 50% off.

Yep, just signed up for another year of Sierra's course. At half off, well worth the money.
    " Give me some words I can dance to and a melody that rhymes" - Steve Goodman

Quote Originally Posted by Franc Homier Lieu View Post
    Three mandolin courses to choose from (Mike, Sierra, and Caterina). With the 50% discount 12 months of lessons works out to < 40 cents per day, so even if you don't use it to full advantage it's a great deal. I subscribed to Mike Marshall's course for years and at this point there is so much content on his page it is like drinking from a firehose (in the best possible sense)--PDFs of dozens of tunes, hours of videos by Mike, his guests, and his students. For me Mike's monthly message videos alone are worth the cost of tuition. And of course there is the ability to upload videos of yourself playing for personalized feedback from Mike. This is what makes AW different and Mike's feedback is just invaluable (he will regularly send 20+ minute videos back to students and whether it is beginner, intermediate, or advanced lesson, his ability to communicate his vast mandolin and general musical knowledge is incredible). Last year I switched over to Sierra's course to try it out and now I am genuinely torn between the two. I might just go for both.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AW.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	204848
    ArtistWorks has a lot of “sales”, so never sign up at full price. I would also recommend turning off auto-renew right way, otherwise you will be paying full price. I did Mike Marshall’s course for a year and now am doing Sierras course. Both are very good. Mike’s video exchanges are thought out and helpful. He has a great way of criticizing your playing without it seeming like criticism. So far I have found that Sierra’s videos explain thing a bit more, and her enthusiasm is infectious. Mikes course has a bit more content both both have more than enough to keep you busy

6. The following members say thank you to DaveGinNJ for this post:

Have you tried any Peghead Nation courses? or Magnus Zetterlund's MandolinSecrets course?

I'm on the verge of snagging that ArtistWorks subscription, but wanted to see how it compares to some of the other course offerings.

Anyone have any insights?

Quote Originally Posted by EMPeterson View Post
    Have you tried any Peghead Nation courses? or Magnus Zetterlund's MandolinSecrets course?

I'm on the verge of snagging that ArtistWorks subscription, but wanted to see how it compares to some of the other course offerings.

Anyone have any insights?
    I did Sharon Gilchrist's beginner's course on Peghead and a month of Magnus. Sharon's course pushes learning by ear much more so there is not as much material. There are backing tracks though. Magnus has much less emphasis on bluegrass. For me these were both personal preference issues. You will learn from either of them. However, the prices are about the same so for me having the video exchanges with Mike Marshall and Sierra Hull was the deciding issue