Thread: Ventura?

Default Ventura?

I just traded for a mandolin, looks nice, and with new strings sounds nice. The only info I found on the name was from the 70's, Japan. This one is MIC, hoping it'll last until I decide I really want to play a mandolin! (Saw one sold on Reverb, guess I did OK getting rid of a 12 string I never liked!)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mandolin 3.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	380.1 KB 
ID:	201007

Default Re: Ventura?

Lots of names like Ventura get sold or just re-used. Ventura was a made in Japan line of guitars in the 70's. Your instrument probably has nothing to do with it. I hope it works well for you.

Thanks, it sounds good.
    Just like guitars, I guess I'll figure out what I want after I get some more experience! I bought my wife a banjo a few months ago, so now we can "bile 'em cabbage" together!

The Ventura brand from the 1960s through 1980s was a line of Japanese guitars distributed by C Bruno and Sons, and later by Kaman Music. I had one of their better models back in the late 1970s, a V696.

5. The following members say thank you to slickmando for this post:

BAM 

Teacher, repair person

The Ventura name was revived somehat recently on a line of instruments made in China.
    Whether or not they are currently in production, I do not know.

There is also a fellow in California handmaking electric guitars under the name "Ventura Guitar & Company."
    Sounds like he might run into a legal problem.
    Last edited by rcc56; May-15-2022 at 2:59pm.

7. The following members say thank you to rcc56 for this post:

BAM