Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finders Keepers

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Finders Keepers

Keeping those interested - the whole dozen or so of you - updated on our progress ... We survived a trip up to Gloucester MA to record our next album. Nine songs in two days, baking in the summer heat with the doors closed and fan off in my friend's de facto studio while we laid down tracks. At least during the second day we could run the fan while Patti added bass on the electric. The material leaned heavily on the classic era - 60s, 70s, 80s - as is our wont, but also went into the 90s for a Kate Bush number and one of Patti's originals, and even this century for Lucinda Williams and one of mine from last year. The tentative sequencing is as follows:

1) I'm Not In Love - 10cc
    2) Running Up That Hill - Kate Bush
    3) Magic - Olivia Newton-John
    4) To Love Somebody - The Bee Gees
    5) Tangerine - Led Zeppelin
    6) False Positive - my original
    7) Ventura - Lucinda Williams
    8) Remembering Tonight - Patti's original
    9) Ripple - Grateful Dead

We're currently tweaking the mix, then it's off to mastering, followed by another session with Discmakers. Oh, and I see I never listed the song on the EP. For those whose eyesight may have a problem with the tiny type in the artwork in Post #2:

1) Maggie May - Rod Stewart
    2) Morning Dew - Bonnie Dobson
    3) Mandolin Wind - Rod Stewart
    4) The Battle Of Evermore - Led Zeppelin
    5) Gasoline Alley - Rod Stewart

These are available. Contact Patti at plrothberg@gmail.com for info. I'll work up something in the Classifieds soon.

The only song whose rough mix is good enough to share at this early stage is Patti's "Remembering Tonight," with which I'll wager most of you are unfamiliar. Perhaps that's just as well, as you'll be able to enjoy without automatically comparing our version with its original one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Quote Originally Posted by journeybear View Post
    We survived a trip up to Gloucester MA
    Did you get to eat at Lobsta Land?
    "The paths of experimentation twist and turn through mountains of miscalculations, and often lose themselves in error and darkness!"
    --Leslie Daniel, "The Brain That Wouldn't Die."

Some tunes: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa1...SV2qtug/videos

3. The following members say thank you to jaycat for this post:

Blog Entries

I wasn't going to say anything, because this trip did include the first time I have been inspired to write a yelp review about a place so insanely godawful ... but that was in RI. But while in Glostah I didn't go for lobstah; what I really wanted was some good fried clams and chowdah. I went where recommended - The Causeway, which was way more than I thought this should have been - more'n $60 for an order of clams and fries and two large chowdahs - but oh boy, was it all good! Also, my friend had been gifted a couple of pounds of fresh sea bass, which grilled up really nicely.

When I write that yelp review I'll post the link here, I guess. I don't want to relive that experience twice!

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

5. The following members say thank you to journeybear for this post:

jaycat 

Seafood out is wicked expensive now. My daughter is coming home for her 30th b-day, and we are planning to take the fam to Brown's in Seabrook, NH after a day at Hampton. You almost have to save up for it, and there isn't even table service
    "To be obsessed with the destination is to remove the focus from where you are." Philip Toshio Sudo, Zen Guitar

Blog Entries

Yeah, my jaw literally dropped when I saw $40 for a clam dinner - and this was at the source. It was a generous serving, and delicious, and with the chowder it was enough for three not-terribly-hungry people, but still ... There was another place I found online that was half that, but everyone told me The Causeway was the place, so I went with it. And anyway, vacation dollars are ifferent from regular ones.