Thread: Clark Mandola - a review

Default Clark Mandola - a review

I was on the waiting list for an Austin Clark Octave, but when I got the call from Austin, I realized that my newly arthritic wrist would could not handle the larger neck. So I asked him to build me a mandola. I took delivery last month and have had a chance to get a good feel for it. First of all, the tone is superb. Absolutely none of the "tubby-ness" one gets from many mandolas. Crisp and lovely all the way from the low A and up to into the high third and forth positions. Intonation is perfect. And, of course, workmanship is exceptional.
    So if you are considering a new mandola, you can do a lot worse than one from Austin Clark

Default Re: Clark Mandola - a review

Hm. Just had a chance to try out a new Clark mandola here in WA earlier this month ... maybe it was yours? Spectacular instrument.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Default Re: Clark Mandola - a review

Austin is a super nice guy and talented luthier. I've sampled a lot of his instruments at Wintergrass. They were all winners!