Thread: Wegen TF140

Default Wegen TF140

Anyone know where I can buy a Wegen TF140 pick in the UK?

Default Re: Wegen TF140

There's someone in Aberlour sells them on ebay
    I bought some last week - very quick delivery, I'll see if I can find the details.
    Bren

You can order them right from Wegen. A while ago all places I could find in the US were out of stock. I emailed him and in 4 days the picks were in my mailbox from the Netherlands, amazing!

Hmm - I might have cleaned out their stock on the UK source:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324906970750
    Bren

Haven’t bought any for a while. Looking at Wegen’s list of UK suppliers, Clifford Essex claim to be able to supply them - http://www.cliffordessex.net/index.p...&productId=792 - £10 each. Other than that you’ll probably have to brave the dreaded brexit supply chain. (I doubt Peppa Pig’s hopefully impending demise will change things!)

The Wegen list is somewhat out of date, one of them is only an email address so you’ll have to ask, my usual supplier, Newstrings, operated out if a garage in Knutsford and dissappeared Several years back and Jed Green in Cheadle has been retired for some time.

Good call from Steve Mead - a couple of emails and PayPal payment - simples. Looking forward to giving the TF140s a try.

Ray(T) - I tried to call Clifford Essex today - no reply. Are they still in business?

Bren - As you say, you must have cleaned the eBay seller out. Interestingly they were priced £0.20p lower than Michel Wegen direct.

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by NotDoneYet View Post
    Ray(T) - I tried to call Clifford Essex today - no reply. Are they still in business?
    No idea. Never actually dealt with them. I’ve not bought a Wegen pick in years. I suspect they might be a minimalist internet only outfit.

For mandolin, I’m preferring the Primetones these days. I never did get on with the TFs on mandolin - too pointy - but I’ve been using one on mandola. On OM, I’ve been using one of a handful of Taylor branded, teardrop shaped, MOTS picks I picked up at a guitar show some years ago.

A friend of mine found the real solution for guitar picks years ago - he makes his own from empty Fairy Liquid bottles!