Thread: If anyone is looking for an amazing Mandola....

Default If anyone is looking for an amazing Mandola....

Heiden. I played it at The Music Emporium, yesterday. It's not on their website yet. I was just taking a break before the 2-3 hour drive home to Vermont and stopped in to browse. I was completely bowled over. Not sure I have played anything this nice before. Unbelievable sustain, great neck, perfect setup. I was very, very tempted but I promised myself I'd focus just on mandolin for a while (or forever, whichever comes first). I did call back today, before taking a pass and they told me that this is an instrument Michael Heiden built for himself, so the tone woods are top shelf. I believe they are asking $7500 and I think there's a top end case, as well. Someone is going to be really happy. They said it'd be on their site next day or two.
    Girouard A5
    Girouard F5
    Eastwood Mandocaster
    Fender Tenor Telecaster (GDAE)
    Collings O1A
    Recording King Tenor Guitar

Default Re: If anyone is looking for an amazing Mandola....

Girouard A5
    Girouard F5
    Eastwood Mandocaster
    Fender Tenor Telecaster (GDAE)
    Collings O1A
    Recording King Tenor Guitar

Default Re: If anyone is looking for an amazing Mandola....

Quote Originally Posted by shaundeane View Post
    Heiden. I played it at The Music Emporium, yesterday. It's not on their website yet. I was just taking a break before the 2-3 hour drive home to Vermont and stopped in to browse. I was completely bowled over. Not sure I have played anything this nice before. Unbelievable sustain, great neck, perfect setup. I was very, very tempted but I promised myself I'd focus just on mandolin for a while (or forever, whichever comes first). I did call back today, before taking a pass and they told me that this is an instrument Michael Heiden built for himself, so the tone woods are top shelf. I believe they are asking $7500 and I think there's a top end case, as well. Someone is going to be really happy. They said it'd be on their site next day or two.
    Aaaaand it's gone. It looked like a beautiful instrument. I'm currently in the icy grips of MAS and am always checking The Music Emporium's new arrivals page. How do you like your Girouards? They are at the top of my list.